Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 or 11:1 f22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81
    That occurred from loss of lubrication/excessive heat, which is a result of a bad build. ANY engine can be built, you just have to know what to improve, if it needs it.

Even stock engines spin bearings, this mean they built bad? Lack of maintenance is another cause as well.
    or trying to push over 500HP on an f22 will spin bearings...and yes...a loss of lubrication but that is because the f22 is not designed to lubricate under such extreme conditions...the oil journals and paths just aren't engineered for that.

Performance engines are just...bigger...and stronger parts...their internal designs are different to accommodate for the higher demands.

How many cars come with dry sump for oil? Only high end performance ones...why? Because they need it...regular cars don't. It's the same with internals.
    ____

Comment

it might not be a performance engine but guess what...neither is the h22. the h22 just has a better valvetrain design. two cams will make more power easier because of timing and duration. my thing is my f22 makes 160whp on 87 octane. i just want a daily driver with some pep. an h22 with i/h/c makes about 175whp and an f22 with i/h/c and a few mods for under $800 gives you about 160whp. my big debate is 15whp for $2200? my neighbor has an h22 in a cb7 and he run a 14.668 in the 1/4 and i run a 14.702 he got me by a little but not like i thought. granted he only has an intake and an exhaust and i have intake,header,cat-back,272 cam, msd sci box,h23 intake, modded head,255cc injectors,walbro 255lph pump and hondata s300 on p06 ecu. so ive had to do alot of work to get where i got. but if im that close with 8.8:1 what would it run like with even 10:1. so the question was really should i drop my f22 for the h22?

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn
        it might not be a performance engine but guess what...neither is the h22. the h22 just has a better valvetrain design. two cams will make more power easier because of timing and duration.
        You forgot that the h22 also comes with VTEC...and what do we consider a performance engine anyway? Get the Lude, drive it for a while, contemplate your options and you will come up with something

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

granted he only has an intake and an exhaust and i have intake,header,cat-back,272 cam, msd sci box,h23 intake, modded head,255cc injectors,walbro 255lph pump and hondata s300 on p06 ecu. so ive had to do alot of work to get where i got.
          yeah and if he had simaliar mods........ Anyway the engine alone is worth that price so deff buy the car!!!
          I'd just drive the prelude. "its pimpin' since been pimpin' "

Comment

i drove the car....im not that impressed. to be 190hp or what ever it is i didnt feel anything special. ive also driven a 98 lude. the cars lack bottom end. i mean yeah it feels faster because of the v-tec kick but as far as watching the speedo it makes alot of noise and doesnt really go anywhere fast. given the car is stock and mine has been tweeked a little and thats probably the biggest difference i still cant help but like the single cams power at low rpms. i think the h22 is better from 4500rpm up where as the f22 it better from about 900rpm-5500rpm. i like that about it. if only you could mix the two and pull from 900rpm-9000rpm, now that would be a bad a$$ motor.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn
              i drove the car....im not that impressed. to be 190hp or what ever it is i didnt feel anything special. ive also driven a 98 lude. the cars lack bottom end. i mean yeah it feels faster because of the v-tec kick but as far as watching the speedo it makes alot of noise and doesnt really go anywhere fast. given the car is stock and mine has been tweeked a little and thats probably the biggest difference i still cant help but like the single cams power at low rpms. i think the h22 is better from 4500rpm up where as the f22 it better from about 900rpm-5500rpm. i like that about it. if only you could mix the two and pull from 900rpm-9000rpm, now that would be a bad a$$ motor.
              the ass dyno will get you nowhere in life.

a 300hp 4 cylinder won't feel as fast as the average 200hp v8, but will probably blow it away. low end torque always feels more impressive than high end power. that doesn't mean shit in reality though.

you see, most DOHC VTEC cars have a late crossover for VTEC engagement because the loss of power before it and the pick up after it make it FEEL like it's pulling much harder.

in reality, lowering the xover point can net you .1 or .2 seconds even though it's smoother and less dramatic.

make no mistake, from start to finish, a healthy h22a will hand a healthy f22 its ass every time. the 50hp difference kinda means something in reality.

also, 190 hp isn't really shit either. if you were expecting your neck muscles to strain to keep your head up, then nope, neither will do that for you.

it sounds to me like the car is sick OR your expectations are way too high. the h22a is a superior motor from a design standpoint (neither are GREAT for power as previously mentioned) thanks to the head mainly. the bottom end is also designed to live in the higher rpm moreso than the f22.

you can definitely make a mean f22, but the h22a will more than likely ALWAYS have a huge leg up with all things being equal, as long as physics is relevant anyway.

people are "going away from the trend" and fixing up the f22a nowadays but not because it's better in any way, just because some people don't like being "part of the crowd" and want to be leaders or just different.

to each their own.
              "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge." (Maynard James Keenan cited in Boston Herald, 2006)

Comment

torque is why the v8 is stronger and thats my point for the f22. the f22 is a mule motor, it's made to pull weight. thats why i cant decide if i want h22 or f22. i just cant get over that feeling of torque coming on at low rpms. i didnt feel that in the prelude, i forgot to mention the 98 lude has i/h/c p&p head and apexi v_afc.dont get me wrong im not trying to insult the h22 i just want it to pull at really low rpms if i do swap it into mine.

Comment

i wonder if thats even possible with an h22?

Comment

well I never said the H22 was a performance engine...it isn't...neither is the s2000 engine or even the 350z's v6...the only performance engine are those built for nascar, indy car...etc etc.

BUT the s2000, corvette, 350z, are MORE performance oriented than our f22...the oil flow is the best example I can give you.

Now is the H22 all that better designed internally than the f22? I don't know honestly...I wouldn't assume it is either.

Am I saying you can't do it? No I wouldn't dream of it. Am I saying you shouldn't do it? HELLS NO! HA HA HA

Hey if you got the cash to blow who am I or anyone else to tell you how to blow it? But if you want our OPINION...it would be best to blow it on something that will get you what you want for the longest amount of time...the f22 is not that answer...if you want "mad props" on doing something that is really hard...then...ok...but...folks who spend less money on a better engine will still blow it away...but...you'll have "mad props"...just saying.

But hell...do whatever folks...no one here is gonna shun you for pushing insane power out of the f22! I like seeing big power out of f22's...let's me know just what it's limits are. Just like that Scion Tc that got like 500 horsepower...do they tell you it was only ONE run? ANd that they expanded the cylinder walls after that run? no...but they did it...granted the car can't do it again without a new engine...but hey they did it...

So anyway...go for it...well support you...no biggy...just...don't get so upset when folks tell you the truth about stuff like this...I mean...it's a family sedan engine for goodness sake...but by all means...let's do it!!! See what she's made of!
                    ____

Comment

Working...
                    X