Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Timing belt cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing belt cover

In the DIY section evol90accord posted a nice DIY t-belt change.

I noticed in the pics that his t-belt lower cover was worn just like mine...

On TouringAccord pdf file you can even see the beginnings of these gashes.

It seems that the lower cover doesn't allow enough room for the drive belts...Even after my fix where I left the gashes there but just sealed them up well it was a very tight fit. No bolts where left out of the cover.

This of course then lets dirt and crude fly onto the t-belt...I do a lot of muddy country backroads so that's a serious problem.

Also one of my belts began stripping and I attribute some of the gashes to the final moments of the belts life before I took it off.

My only fix was to patch the holes but leaving the cut in parts...well...cut in to allow for room.

Like I said though, I've seen it on two others DIY's T-belt changes so it's not an isolated event. Anyone else got ideas?
    Last edited by bcjammerx; 08-16-2007, 08:54 PM.
    ____

Originally posted by bcjammerx
    In the DIY section evol90accord posted a nice DIY t-belt change.

I noticed in the pics that his t-belt lower cover was worn just like mine...

On TouringAccord pdf file you can even see the beginnings of these gashes.

It seems that the lower cover doesn't allow enough room for the drive belts...Even after my fix where I left the gashes there but just sealed them up well it was a very tight fit. No bolts where left out of the cover.

This of course then lets dirt and crude fly onto the t-belt...I do a lot of muddy country backroads so that's a serious problem.

Also one of my belts began stripping and I attribute some of the gashes to the final moments of the belts life before I took it off.

My only fix was to patch the holes but leaving the cut in parts...well...cut in to allow for room.

Like I said though, I've seen it on two others DIY's T-belt changes so it's not an isolated event. Anyone else got ideas?
    i wouldn't worry about it.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I'm not all too worried really...just curious as to whether this is a design flaw or some other problem. Plus I have a bad habit of...well...seeing how well I drive in mud...and...well... yeah not good to have holes in that cover there...nasty crude on the belt. Course...again...not much really gets in there at all. Mostly curious as to whether anyone else has noticed this.
      ____

Comment

all my time driving in oregon, I havent really had anything "Splash" up onto that cover....mine seems to stay clean

And mine also had the marks on it as well....//

Comment

Well my fiancee has an all red clay drive uphill driveway...damn thing almost has miniature ponds and marshes at the bottom. I have to just punch it and slide around to get up it. I get to the top eventually, but I'm usually revving it pretty good in second gear to keep from getting stuck.

Also mine didn't have marks, it was cut all the way through. The part that sticks out so you can get the timing off the balancer...gone...just one big long hole. Well not any more cause I repaired it
          ____

Comment

Working...
          X