Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering springs or coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering springs or coilovers

whats better?what do u guys like better and y and wheres a good place get hid ? for cheap

no sure where lcal perforance shop maybe.but i would go with adjustable coils with a good shock strut assembly 2 match

Comment

not whoring is a great way to learn about your car Asking your questions in complete, understandable sentences is also a plus!

When it comes to coilovers and springs, they're both good... as long as you don't buy cheap stuff. If you buy cheap, they're both trash. Learn a bit about them, and decide for yourself what suits your needs. If you don't care to learn, and want to listen to what other people tell you... then you deserve to get some $30 lo-boys coilover sleeves and put them on your stock shocks.

As for hids, PM bronx_finest. Tell him deevergote sent you. He'll give you the best possible deal on hids. At least $60 less than anywhere else I've ever seen for good stuff.

Comment

if you want to learn about your car, you should read ALL the stickies first. they answer a lot of the questions that people ask about their car when they first join here.

like this one:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=470
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

thanks....guys this well help me out alot

Comment

i go on springs killa. coilover sleeves suck. full coils $$$

keep it pimpin
            98' ls400
            91' cb7 4dr ex beater

Comment

The cheaper way to go is to buy good lowering springs such as H&R racing or sport and buy some really good struts like koni yellows. If you're going the coilover route it is going to cost you. Btw, read the stickies it will help you out.
              Last edited by cleanwithit0607; 08-11-2007, 03:35 AM.
              Facebook.
              Xbox Live: Call Of Duty4: Unt0uchable15 --I'm a beast!
              Member Ride

Comment

I'd go coilovers simply for their flexibility of adjustment.
                FBP 99 Acura 2.3 CL 5 spd (mods a plenty) Estoril 98 BMW M3 Sedan(under construction)
                Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
                Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated
                UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
                Acurazine.com Mod Squad

Comment

I had coilovers on my first Accord and ended up wreckin it cuz of em. The car was WAY to bouncy, especially dropped to maximum and going bout 60mph. I suppose if you got the actual coilover system and not the coilovers that just go over the strut then you might be in a better situation, of course them coilover systems are pretty pricey. I got springs on mines now with some KYB adjustables and it rides real, real nice. And as far as HID, eBay got all types of HID systems for hella cheap. I don't know if the quality is all that great or not but they are on there so check up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by cleanwithit0607
                    The cheaper way to go is to buy good lowering springs such as H&R racing or sport and buy some really good struts like koni yellows. If you're going the coilover route it is going to cost you. Btw, read the stickies it will help you out.
                    Good springs and new Konis will be as much or more than many of the decent full coilover kits out there. I'd go that route myself, though.

The adjustability of the coilover kits is great.. but every time you adjust, you have to align, or you'll kill your tires.

Comment

Working...
                    X