Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Antenna and dome light problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antenna and dome light problems

My antenna and dome light doeosnt work. What could be the problem. The antenna doesnt go down anymore. Could it be a fuse? Also the dome light doesnt turn on when i open the door. Thank for the help in advance.

nobody?

Comment

the stock antennas frequently get stuck with age, and lack of lubrication. first tehy stop moving (click click click) then the motor burns out. as for the dome light, check the bulb, check fuses, and check the door switches... does the light come on with any other doors open? also, make sure the slide switch on teh dome light is in the middle.. if its to either side it wont come on at all or its set to on all teh time and the bulb is burned out
      RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

change your fuse man. i had the same problem.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

haha, yea this antenna problem happened to me and mine went out yrs. ago!! check to see if when it goes up or down it makes a "click click click click" sound when you turn the car on/off. if so, the plastic gear belt pully inside the actual antenna mast is broken from age. instead of replacing it, i just knocked the antenna down to it's lowest position and cut the wire for the motor. the motor had burned up too anyway.
          for the dome light, check to see if the small door lights come on. if so, it's within the light (bad bulb, switch, etc). otherwise, i also had this problem sometime recently. it turned out i had blown a fuse that controls some random items (intermittent wipers, dome light, door lights). hope this helps.

Comment

I think its a fuse that burned out. The dome light, rear defroster, and the antenna all went out at the same time. Which fuse would it be? The one under the hood or the one in the car?

Comment

the one under the hood. it says int. lights on the cover i think. it's a 15 amp fuse. i had a short after i put some lights in, mine kep blowing.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?- Epicurus

Comment

Imma go check it out and get a new fuse in alil bit. Ill let you know if that was the problem. Thanks alot guys.

Comment

Finally got it fixed today. Went to the auto store and picked up the fuse and put it in. Everything works fine. Thanks for everyone info and help.

Comment

thank you so much!!! ive had this problem for over 2 years now (intermittent wipers, dome light, rear defroster, leave your lights on alarm and key in ignition alarm) and a ne wfuse was all it was.

looooove this site.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out. I always keep some extra fuses in the glove box for this exact reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X