Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Steering play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering play

90 f22a4... when i drive on uneven roads, it seems like i do alot of extra steering to keep it straight... the car seems to wander.
    the effect is especailly pronounced on gravel roads (cringe, i know)... its not like the tie rods are gone or anything... the steering doesnt feel looose, it just seems like the car shifts over, then i steer a few degrees before the car actually starts moving over..

is this wierd? my 3g was a dream on loose surfaces, maybe im just not used to the bigger car. but comon, the handling should be better.

ive done a litlle research and some people emntioned loose steering racks.. is this actually possible, and has anyone had similar problems?
    RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

hey

yes it is possible but if your car is lowered then your toe set is not the same anymore your tires are toed out and your camber is off as well (\ /) like so this is what i do all day alignments and front end work and everything else for ford same senerio though

Comment

my car isnt lowered, but i have adjusted the toe in a bit (two whole cranks on the tie rod) but didnt change a thing... the car also seems pretty unstable sometimes, and is an absolute nightmare in the wet.

I dunno, its not a predictable problem.. sometimes it handles just fine, sometimes its a basketcase

i also get vibration around 105km/h, but i think that might be axle related since both cv are starting to click faintly
      RIP

Comment

i have the exact same problem. but fyi an alignment isnt really something you can do correctly by eyeballing a tierod.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i used to eyeball my toe, but what i found was i was still a degree off....hehe found that out when i took an alignment class.

is it easier to turn one way than the other?

get an alignment dude.

but at the same case my dads accord, when he would turn he would have to turn the oppisite direction really fast to get the steering wheel to go straight, took alot of effort to turn as well. found out the bushings that hold the rack in place was bad and also later the rack went out.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

hmm... there really isnt anything wrong with the steering, i actually kind of like the stiffer feel over my old 3g (and the cb7 is by no means stiff, its just that the 3g i could turn so easily just sticking the end of my pinky in the spokes and cranking like crazy ... good for ebraking lol)

its definatley no different turning left than right... but i should look at those bushings... that sounds like it might be the issue
            RIP

Comment

maybe you need new tires and as for the shaking I would try to balance the wheels
              You know kid...some day this war is gonna end (sob)... C.O Kilroy (Apocalypse Now)

Comment

new tires and an alignment are in the works
                RIP

Comment

bushings

its prob. ur bushings, the bolts fell out of my rack and the wheel would be cock eyed but it would change from one side to the other and i would still be going strait. if that did happen to u there is a guard under the rack and ur bolts should be in there, unless uve been driving it for a year like that! good luck

Comment

Originally posted by 91ex2dr5spdCB7
                    its prob. ur bushings, the bolts fell out of my rack and the wheel would be cock eyed but it would change from one side to the other and i would still be going strait. if that did happen to u there is a guard under the rack and ur bolts should be in there, unless uve been driving it for a year like that! good luck

This condition should make noise and drive terribly in all conditions.

Get an alignment.

Comment

my car is loud i didnt hear anything but exhaust and intake

Comment

Working...
                      X