Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Starter just clicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter just clicks

Hi guys, My car wont start. When I turn the key on all the lights come on like normal, then I go to Start and ill get the solinoid clicking, and my NEG battery post will crackle and smoke( a little). I just put a new starter on it(junk yard model) new batt cables Ground and POS, I have no clue. I want to play with the main relay but i heard it was a bitch. I have searched all day, got a lot of ideas, but am still coming up short. bring it guys

good morning, I need some luck from you guys. While this is going on with the starter, all the lights are dim, and if I hit the brakes everything goes out. When I search that everyone is saying ground. Ive checked those grounds, looks ok. help thxs

Comment

Bump:
      K i went and took the starter to checkers and they said it was bad. I watched them hook it up to their tester, and it didnt turn, just like at home. So I went and exchanged it at the junk yard, took that one to checker, and it tested GOOD. Im afraid to out it in tho. I think some thing in my wiring is shorting out the silonoid or something. lets hear it guys come on

Comment

don't worry about it, there isn't really wiring that would cause that issue.(silonoid shorting) Slap it on and go.

Comment

Load test your battery first b4 you do anything else.

Comment

bump. im having this same problem.

pulled my starter apart (not the solonoid, the other part.) and aside from a lil dirty, it looks ok.

my battery was pulling 9.7, so i had it charged. it is in the trunk, and im running 4 ga up to the starter, then to the fuse box.

EDIT: are teh jdm h22 and usdm f22's starters the same? can i rob parts off the f22 to get this working?
            Last edited by xScott; 12-11-2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Tap the starter , if it starts after , it's the starter brush solenoids.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

alright. i pulled it apart and cleaned it, so ill try that.

sucks, the starter worked just fine when i brought the car that had the h22 in it over to pull the engine!

Comment

LOL! I have a worse scenario than you. I was waiting for a parking at my school. Turned the car off then after 30 minutes 1 person pulled off the parking lot then suddenly tick tick tick , no more starter lol. I got stuck.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                    LOL! I have a worse scenario than you. I was waiting for a parking at my school. Turned the car off then after 30 minutes 1 person pulled off the parking lot then suddenly tick tick tick , no more starter lol. I got stuck.
                    hahahahaha...sorry paul... lol

main relay if all else fails. meaning, if everything tests good
                    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

i had this problem just last 2 weeks turned out to be starter.
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

ok the problem is really

in the starter silonoid there are 2 little plates that touch the shaft which operates the starter. if those plates are grinded out, you need to replace them. they sell starter rebuild kits at your local auto store. there not that expensive either. its cheaper getting a kit than a whole unit.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                        X