Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Local shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local shops

Hey guys, Im new to the CB7 scene, just bought a 93 Accord from a friend of mine. I was just wondering if anyone knew about any good repair shops in the Portland (Oregon) Area?

whats up...im from oregon too...cept over on the coast in tillamook...
    i dont know of any shops in the portland area though

my suggestion would be to try and do most of the work yourself...and im sure most people on here would say the same thing unless its something that you dont have to tools or space to do it....there are a lot of write ups on here that can help you out a lot...itll save you some money and you will have learned something
    who needs a cherry picker??
    bought from: PHATNESS101

Comment

Well i think i have a short somewhere in the system, yesterday i drove to work, it started fine and ran great, but then when i went out to my car for lunch the battery was completly drained, it has quite a bit of electonics running in it might it just be the battery? because i was running a small one out of my 92 toyota trecell, dont know the size off the top of my head, but its small.

Comment

you could be pulling more amps than what your alternator can handle...
        what all are you running on it, and is it the stock alternator...

the easiest way to see if your alternator is bad is to start your car then pull the negative from the battery...if it runs your alt is probably ok or good....if it dies that means your probably running straight off your battery which wont last long

Comment

I thought that was bad for the car?

Comment

its only for an instant...if it dies right away its the alternator cus it has nothing to run off of

Comment

dude your so close to my house, where do you work? i work just at the walgreens on 82nd and johnson creek btw lemme ask my friend he knows a couple of good mechanics.
              Last edited by jle2k; 08-07-2007, 05:09 AM.

Comment

hey 93 acclude try to go to the shop on 72nd and Flavel. It looks like a gas station but its an auto shop and they're pretty cheap compared to other shops.

Comment

Originally posted by liljestrand
                  its only for an instant...if it dies right away its the alternator cus it has nothing to run off of
                  its not the alternator, caus i just got it replaced and they tested it and its spittin out plenty of power. i had it jumped the other day and it was fine driving arround, so if it is the alternator it wouldnt drive arrround caus the battery started out dead, right? and i drove arround for an hour so the battery would have had plenty of juice, so i park it at my house and left it for a few hours and went out to start it again but it was totaly dead, i think i probably have a short somewhere in the system, but have no way to test it or check...

Comment

jle2k, i work at Northwest Armory on Mcloughlin, i was thinkin about takin it to Auto Electric just up the street from the armory, but i wanted to see if there very knowlageable on h22a swaps. caus i took it to Palmers Automotive on River and they werent that great

Comment

how old is the battery? could be a bad battery that just wont hold juice now....

Comment

that could be, how do i go about doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Acclude
                          jle2k, i work at Northwest Armory on Mcloughlin, i was thinkin about takin it to Auto Electric just up the street from the armory, but i wanted to see if there very knowlageable on h22a swaps. caus i took it to Palmers Automotive on River and they werent that great
                          ooo if you want a good place to swap a h22a into your car try Auto Adventure its a huge acura and honda only shop with used parts . They specifically import JDM H22As in and other engines. Right next to the shop with all the parts is their auto shop. So just visit there. Their website is http://www.partsadventure.com/
                          good luck with your car. Btw you said you were on Mcloughlin :o the heart of milwaukie lol but if you want good overall repairs go to the one on 72nd and Flavel i think they don't do swaps but their good at fixing cars for cheap. Lee automotive is the name. FORGOT TO SAY the shop next to them is JDMperformance.com
                          Last edited by jle2k; 08-08-2007, 09:58 PM.

Comment

if its a les schwab battery they will do it for free...or at least they are supposed to...otherwise check autoparts stores sometimes they will check the battery's

Comment

Working...
                            X