Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 ex rough idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 ex rough idle

hey everyone,
    new to site with a question. I have a 90 accord with 200+ miles. I'm having a rough idle problem. replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor n still have rough idle. car runs great otherwise. anyone with same prob or fixes please help. is timing off-dirty injectors-?????????

maybe your motor mounts are broken. if it isn't misfiring when driving, most likely the motor mounts.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

motor mounts

thanks for reply. mounts are partially torn. how to distinguish between mounts prob n misfire?

Comment

misfire will still make your car run rough with load. motor mounts broken will make engine rumble at idle. is your car an automatic??

Comment

idls prob

appreciate the input. no 5-speed. cleaned throttle plate yesterday, smooth for a few minutes. then back to rough.

Comment

There is a screw in the throttle body that you can adjust. That well solve your problem.....

I well have to look at my wife's wagon to give you better directions...

Comment

Check for vacuum leaks and since your car is up there on miles I would just replace all the vacuum hoses there cheap and easy to do just make sure you do one at a time.
              I need a 14b or 16g turbo!

Comment

1. smoke test if u have rough idle( idle is jumping around)
                2. carb cleaner around tb housing and listen to see if it sucks anything in or any where they can be a leak

ps smoke test is the best way would find the leak real quick i had a problem too with my 92 lx

dont change thing smoke test it dont throw money at a problem untill ur sure of it
                Last edited by jay82985; 08-03-2007, 03:42 PM.

4 door ex-l

Comment

i had the same problem i changed my motormounts and cleaned out the throttlebody and took it on a 50 mile drive it was fine after that

Comment

mine

to have that problem but mine is more like when your at a stop sign or something and release the brake pedal and creep foward it jerks but i still cant figure it out everythings been from new vac hoses to cleaning the iacv 3 times

Comment

Originally posted by cb9pr
                      to have that problem but mine is more like when your at a stop sign or something and release the brake pedal and creep foward it jerks but i still cant figure it out everythings been from new vac hoses to cleaning the iacv 3 times
                      egr problem maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X