Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Problems...starter???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems...starter???

okay so i've had this problem for quite some time now... my car wont start random times...usually on the really hott days....or days when i 4get to turn off the A/C when im about to start the car...but if the day is really hott and the A/C is turned on b4 the car starts...the car wont start...and usually i'd have to wait for a min. or two or even more to try to start it again...im not sure if its the starter cuz i remember i got it replaced 1 or 2 years ago. but i remember i still had the problem during the month i got the starter replaced...soo could any1 tell me whats the problem?

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

Main relay maybe?
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

okay i jus tried starting my car a few min. ago...and its burning hott outside...n my car really didnt start right away n its like 83'f - 84'f really sunny...anyone got any ideas why my car wont start ? i had wait like 4min. out in the sun to try to start it again

Comment

main relay already mentioned. The most common problem on our cars.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

is that something cheap? and easy to replace?

Comment

Here's a DIY on how to fix your main relay http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=main+relay

Comment

so is the main relay for the fuel pump??

Comment

Originally posted by cb7FoME
                so is the main relay for the fuel pump??
                yes

Only Hard Thing is Keeping it Clean
                my ride

Comment

most likely main relay, swipe one from a junk yard and replace it. its a pretty common problem, im sorta just waiting for mine to go one of these days lol

-sean
                  Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                  Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

yeah imma try going to a junkyard tomarrow n find one and end the embarrassment of people hearing me trying to start my car 4 a long time

Comment

if you think your starter is going, give it a tap with a metal rod or your fist. if it starts after that then u no its the starter. however in ur case it seems to be the main relay
                      Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Originally posted by cb7FoME
                        is that something cheap? and easy to replace?
                        Very easy to replace.. I just replaced mine last week, brand new from the Honda Dealership for $63.. I couldn't find anything at the junkyard that was in any better shape then the one I already had.. Later

Comment

easy

yeah just try and change it out, its pretty easy and straight forward. basically these guys up there know wat there talkin bout^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          OLD

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                            Very easy to replace.. I just replaced mine last week, brand new from the Honda Dealership for $63.. I couldn't find anything at the junkyard that was in any better shape then the one I already had.. Later
                            when you went to the dealer ship and asked for the main relay did they give it to you right away? or did you have to wait a couple of days for the relay to come in.

Comment

Working...
                            X