Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhaust setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust setup

so Guys wuts up. Help me out here.

I alreayd have a megan header/downpipe/flexpipe.

I have a stock cat and all the way back.

What exhaust setup should I get?

So from what I understand in the state of florida having no catalyc is not illegal. But the questions is if I have no cat and buy a cat back exhaust the flanges won't match up so if I do a no cat exhaust, I have to get custom piping, correct?

I know the apex'i world sport is a recommended one and anything greddy but I'm wondering if I should go custom with a 2.5 inch instead.
    No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Originally posted by 407accord
    ... But the questions is if I have no cat and buy a cat back exhaust the flanges won't match up so if I do a no cat exhaust, I have to get custom piping, correct?
    I don't know how bad the cops are in your area, but if you buy an eBay "high flow cat" or test pipe, they are usually just a straight pipe that takes the place of your cat, and everything still bolts up normally. Running without a catalytic converter is illegal here in MS as far as I know, but I don't have one and the cops aren't too nosy. It probably helps that I have an Accord SE muffler instead of a wide open one too.

If you run a TRUE hi flow cat, like one by Magnaflow, you'd only lose about 1-2HP over a straight pipe setup, and you're 100% legal.

Before you sink some money into a full cat-back exhaust, I'd try a higher flowing cat and see how you like it. IMO it's the most restrictive part in the stock Accord's exhaust.
    MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
    Originally posted by deevergote
    i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

Yup buy a hi-flow cat and you can pick and choose a cat-back exhaust that you like. Magnaflow, Apex'I, R-sr, they are all good choices

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

so Guys wuts up. Help me out here.

I alreayd have a megan header/downpipe/flexpipe.

I have a stock cat and all the way back.

What exhaust setup should I get?

So from what I understand in the state of florida having no catalyc is not illegal. But the questions is if I have no cat and buy a cat back exhaust the flanges won't match up so if I do a no cat exhaust, I have to get custom piping, correct?

I know the apex'i world sport is a recommended one and anything greddy but I'm wondering if I should go custom with a 2.5 inch instead.
        I currently have a magna-flo hi-flo cat and I noticed a significant gain in hp, but if FL. isn't strick on cats you may as well run a test pipe. Just get the flanges custom weilded for your setup.
        "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

Yea I was thinking of a hi flow cat and then. so that is a good choice? I was just making sure it's not a huge difference not having a cat. And then what about resonators wwhat are those and should I get one?
          No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

bro no matter what if u take that cat out or get a hi flow cat ur shit is gonna be loud like me i have a test pipe stainless steel cat back exhaust 2.5 but with flowmaster emuffler an in my opinion it sounds terrible

my members ride thread

Comment

^^^^^^.... yea, I don't have a resonator either. My setup sounds realy nice tho'....not ricey or anything, just has a really deep note. Although on road trips it can becone annoying, but I don't worry about it cause I just crank up the jams to kill the sound.
              "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

So what is really the point of a resonator? its for if u dont have a cat?
                No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

So what is really the point of a resonator? its for if u dont have a cat?
                  it tones down the noise levels. I don't know how much would it quiet down in a no-cat setup.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

So without that resonator or cat, ur car is basically gonna be a loud bucket?. Or is the stock one already good. I have an Apexi N1 muffler already. and I got an a4 motor. I know my headers are already good. I was just gonna get 2.5 piping from the stock resonator on back to my muffler... . Oh yea, Tsudo exhaust systems are pretty nice too. They I think there are some on ebay...
                    My Black "H"
                    AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Ok so can you guys put me right to one you think I should buy, and I don't do no ebay crap. here's what im looking at.

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...tic_converter/

I was in the magnaflow section, I think there are over 100 different ones I have no idea which one to get.
                      No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Keep the cat. It barely makes a difference. The car will sound better, smell better, and not contribute to the destruction of this planet (quite so much, anyway). The stock cat is good for most applications. A "high-flow" cat doesn't do much. The only performance cat I would bother getting is the one made by SMSP (www.smsproducts.com)

If you want quiet, choose one of the quality systems above. If you can afford them.

A custom 2.5" system is fairly large for a mild F22. If you're going to swap in an H22 down the road, then it would be wise now. Mandrel bent is best, but I've been running crush bent for years and I don't mind. The hp difference isn't THAT significant!

Comment

well, I'm planning on Boosting ni the future, so that's why.

Yea, right. No I definately don't have the money. and I don't necessarily trust a company that sells vinyld yard posts and fucking lettering and signs and shit, lmao. Ok But I need a new cat, mines rusted to hell and literally on the flange one of the bolts it has almost nothing left it doesn't go all the way around, so I might as well get a hi flo cat, I'm not looking for more hp or whatever does best. I just need one that is reputable good for the lowest price.
                          No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

So for those of you that have a magnaflow hi flo cat which one should I go wtih?
                            No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

SO on a high flow cat converter.

What does it mean when it says

Without air
                              Dual 02 boss
                              with single 02 boss

Atleast on the magnaflow's.

IDK which one I should get. I'm thinking about going with the 53000 series round but then I don't know which one like what the above means.
                              No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Working...
                              X