Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clicking sound when car is turning left, from right wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clicking sound when car is turning left, from right wheel

my 90 ex is making clicking sound, when the car drives and u make a 70-90 degree left turn, it clicks until the angle is less than 70 degree, sounds like its from the right wheel

i hear nothing when the car is running or turning right, but when doin sharper left turns, i can hear it, and i heard other cars on the road with that noise too sometimes, what is wrong?
    my rims cost more than my car

Originally posted by stanchua
    my 90 ex is making clicking sound, when the car drives and u make a 70-90 degree left turn, it clicks until the angle is less than 70 degree, sounds like its from the right wheel

i hear nothing when the car is running or turning right, but when doin sharper left turns, i can hear it, and i heard other cars on the road with that noise too sometimes, what is wrong?
    need a new right axle. your cv joint is bad.
    1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
    ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
    OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

bingo

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

yup

you need a new or remanufactured passenger axle, just stop by your local auto parts store and get it for like 59 -100 bucks dependin on new or refurbished. might want someone to help you put it in, theres post on here how to do it to just use your favorite search section on here. its not that complicated either like a 30-45 min job with regular tools like a 32mm socket and a long or well leveraged handle breaker bar, some penetrating spray will help alot.
        OLD

Comment

^^^ Ditto^^^

Comment

what everyone said. the cv joint gone bad. its best to replace the whole axle to have warrenty on it. mines clicks on the left side, but im waiting for my 5spd tranny and get manual trans axles.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Id say axle

Comment

99% of the time its your CV BOOT best to replace whole thing. Soon Before you have to replace your wheel bearings too. Also check to see if your steering rack and Pinion "BOOT" is not broken. They click also.

Comment

any pics? i am not too sure what tat is...

Comment

wow. well when you take off your wheel . you look behind the rotor. and you'll see a big shaft connected to it and the other side connects to the tranny, thats an axle.
                    miss my turbo cb7

Comment

i might try the cv boot 1st, the axle... could burn a hole in my wallet

Comment

Yep should be the cv joint like everyone else said. Mine does the same exact thing. Like EMS CB7 said, it is probably best just to get new axles.

Comment

ok, more stuff to do...

Comment

You could be safe driving on it for a little while, but not too long. My friend waited to change his on his DA9, (which doesnt even run anymore ) and it drove like the the wheels were gonna fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by stanchua
                              i might try the cv boot 1st, the axle... could burn a hole in my wallet
                              its too late to change the boot. i did the same thing, and it still clicks. get a axle from a junkyard.
                              miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Working...
                              X