Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air intake

i want to get a hks filter but is it woth the $ what do u guys think is best
    my whipp

apex'i and aem

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Do whatever you want, You want HKS then get it.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yo is the cold air intake as loud as the short ram. (AEM)

does cold air open up the intake as much as the Short Ram.
        word...

Comment

Originally posted by Jtschupp04
          yo is the cold air intake as loud as the short ram. (AEM)

does cold air open up the intake as much as the Short Ram.
          no cold air is usually a bit on the quiet side, in comparison

does it open up the intake like a short ram?? what do you mean? If you think a short ram intake makes power. think again.

i know of a recent dyno test that showed a 2whp loss on a H22, with a short ram.
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
            no cold air is usually a bit on the quiet side, in comparison

does it open up the intake like a short ram?? what do you mean? If you think a short ram intake makes power. think again.

i know of a recent dyno test that showed a 2whp loss on a H22, with a short ram.
            no no no no sorry for the misunderstanding. i was thinking strictly sound/Loundess.

thanks
            word...

Comment

i love you car by the way. not too flashy. but not too stock.
              word...

Comment

HKS just like AEM, is good quality. one think to look at is how you have to go about cleaning the filter. some require oiling, AEM has the whole dryflow thing whre its wash, dry and go... CAI and short ram are going to make oyur car noticebly louder. most likely short ram will be louder. and a little more throaty. it depens on how much your willing to risk hydrolock w/ CAI.

Comment

I wouldnt spend the extra money just because its AEM or HKS. For an intake a generic filter will work just as well for half the price

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mikesCB-7
                    HKS just like AEM, is good quality. one think to look at is how you have to go about cleaning the filter. some require oiling, AEM has the whole dryflow thing whre its wash, dry and go... CAI and short ram are going to make oyur car noticebly louder. most likely short ram will be louder. and a little more throaty. it depens on how much your willing to risk hydrolock w/ CAI.
                    I laugh at that statement. Foam filters are shitty. Research it they dont filter worth a rats ass especially the HKS. AEM uses k/n filters. Generic filteres dont always work just as well. Usually quality is cheap. I have had a couple. And there filtration is prob not as great also. They have bypass valves to prevent hydrolock.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

O.K then just get Vibrant...they work fine and they are cheaper than AEM or HKS

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        I laugh at that statement. Foam filters are shitty. Research it they dont filter worth a rats ass especially the HKS. AEM uses k/n filters. Generic filteres dont always work just as well. Usually quality is cheap. I have had a couple. And there filtration is prob not as great also. They have bypass valves to prevent hydrolock.
                        Yup like he said, K&N is good, a little expensive though..
                        My Black "H"
                        AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

yep..k&n is good..last long too..

Comment

K&N just relies on the oil to catch the particles, it is crap imo. Aem dry flow is where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
                              K&N just relies on the oil to catch the particles, it is crap imo. Aem dry flow is where it's at.
                              Yessir. Why do you think most of these filters can gain so much hp. As I said in another thread you gotta sacrifice one thing for another.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X