Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newtuner7
    i love when people are corrected they dont go look up the answer they just stay with the same argument
    well it depends on corrected. most of the time its bias opinion which isnt a sufficient reliable source.

Comment

So who wants to race r33 type R teggy with an f22a lol thats funny. ONly chance i see is boost lol.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        So who wants to race r33 type R teggy with an f22a lol thats funny. ONly chance i see is boost lol.
        Anyone who's dumb enough to think torque wins races, and decides not to race Eric, send them to me, they will eat their words. Very quickly.

Comment

the whole tuning the f22 thing u cant just put a turbo set up on a f22 and run 13s tthere is "tuning" involed with getting that there also even an all motor f22 fully built requires tuning to get it a full potential say itbs for instance haha geuss what tuning and a good amount at that so the term cb7tuner is for real not just a saying like all these kids out on the street say "im a tuner" thats the new ricer to me it doesnt count if u buy a bunch of parts out of a catalog and put them on with out proper tuner and/or knowlage of what ur doing

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

what if the H22a came from an Accord?

so its still an accord with an Accord engine

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
            Honda Accord Euro-R
            Honda Odyssey Absolute
            Honda City I-DSi
            Honda Stream

Comment

In 2 pages, nobody mentioned what is probably the most common reason for swapping an H22 into an Accord. People already have the Accord, and want to play with it! I had my Accord for 2 years, I loved it. It was my car. Then I tried to keep some jerk in an older Mercedes from passing me, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it... I wanted more power from that day on. Sure, I could've sold my Accord, but it was comfortable. It was almost paid for. It was MY car. So I put a new engine into it

I suck at driving, and my car has always had things keeping it from good 1/4 mile times (bad clutch, bad tires, bad driving... lol) The best time for my car is 15.023 I believe. My friend has an F22A1 with some cheap bolt-ons. He ran a 15.9, and has done more work to the car since... might even be able to hit 15.7. Sure, these aren't racecar times for either one, but the F22A1 is damn close to the H22A with nearly the same mods! If I corrected my issues, my H22 would probably get me a 14.5 or so... but until then, I'm still in the 15s.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                Neigh. Area under the curve and torque multiplication wins races. I have less torque than an F22. but i would smoke the shit out of one.

BTW: Sorry, i hit the "edit" button, instead of "quote". thats why it says i edited your post.

You also have less torque than an H22. An H22 in a DA or EK(just for giggles) would smoke the sh*t out of a B series in either.

Anywho, for miss accord , its called a hobby,time and money. LOL..Cause you gotta have $$$$(or knowsomeone) to even think about tinkering with a H.

Comment

As i recall dont our accords come with an F20 in Japan? We dont get it because our cars are to be for gas savers right? so we get the sohc f22a.

Comment

Look, real easy, Honda gave power to the god damn prelude,and let us Cb's fans with the mediocre F,if they gave us the H from factory then this thread wouldnt exist so,gotta see like this,cb's got no love from Honda Co.,we love them so we get the H's on it.........
                    DE PUERTO RICO PAL MUNDO!!! OUR CREW!!! RESPECT!!!

No,u will not run 10 sec with 20 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                      You also have less torque than an H22. An H22 in a DA or EK(just for giggles) would smoke the sh*t out of a B series in either.
                      That is a 100% fact (stock for stock, H vs B).

However, its not simply because the H22 has a higher peak torque. its because it has more area under the curve...which was my original argument.

My point about the F22, was that it has a higher peak torque than even The B18 R motor, but its still way slower. Point being...peak torque numbers dont mean anything, and "Torque wins races" is a flawed statement. At least in the context it was originality stated in.

A NASCAR car has upwards of 600 ft/lbs of torque to the wheels. An F1 car puts down as much torque as a high end Family sedan.

Which car is faster? ill give you a hint, its not the NASCAR car.

My point one more time...peak torque means NOTHING.
                      Last edited by Accord R33; 07-29-2007, 12:41 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

F1 cars rev to crazy levels too. I love those things.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

who ever said the h22 was only for the prelude? that was a stock motor for the type r accords and euro r's and the sir accords. they may not have come in the cb7's but technically it is an accord motor. i still say that people dont give the cb7 enough credit ive raced plenty of civics and integras with swaps and stock built motors and either stayed right next to there ass or pulled on them and im all bolt on right now. the f22 a and f20b are damn good engines. and i still havent seen a built f22, wich i plan on doing. cams valves crank everything. not to crazy but i mean you guys are still not giving the car the credit it deserves. its basically the heaviest car honda built at that time, came with a sohc and 2.2 litres and i can still stomp v tech civics. i hate v tech anyway. sorry for the ramble. and prob a few missed spelled words
                          Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXRacer
                            As i recall dont our accords come with an F20 in Japan? We dont get it because our cars are to be for gas savers right? so we get the sohc f22a.
                            I found an F20 here w/like 40k mi. on it
                            "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

The 4th gen accords had the SI trim which was a DOHC F20A as I recall.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2

Anywho, for miss accord , its called a hobby,time and money. LOL..Cause you gotta have $$$$(or knowsomeone) to even think about tinkering with a H.

lol my buddy has an H22 is his ek hatch, 3" straight back exhaust with a cannister muffler now god damn that car is loud, but he still has no chance against my single cam d series.
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

Working...
                                X