Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question ...

ok idk if i posted this in the right place and it may be dumb to sum but i was just wondering about others opinions on this topic....

you line up an h22 accord against a gsr integra

the accord wins

now generally speaking the accord beat the integra ... but ....

"technically" speaking it wasnt an accord that beat the integra it was the prelude motor that won

i guess my point is ... why do you buy an accord just to swap it? why not just get a prelude? i mean if its for the weight of the cars why not drop it into a civic. thats lighter than an accord? i just dont get the whole tuner stuff. ur not tuning a car by swapping it .. thats modifying an accord not tuning it ... i mean for sumone to say they have a fast accord .. its like yea because it has a prelude motor ... but .. how many people actually have a fast accord ... with the motor that comes in their accord????

sumone enlighten me plz

(and if this thread seems ghey .. cut me sum slack ok im bored ... lol)

The whole point of tuning a car is to take the body style you like/love and make it into whatever kind of machine you want it to be.

If you want it fast there's many options yes some include swaps but theres also turbo, nos, supercharges, etc

If you want looks there's lip kits, body kits, spoilers, rims

In my opinion tuning a car is taking your favourite looks/engine/setup and making it work.

For example my favourite body style is a 92-95 civic hatchback.

Right now I have a lot of stuff done to the stock engine to reach my goal of 400whp but that by no means changes my opinion of the same civic with a swapped out engine. I also like front end wise, a cf hood, mugen front lip, stock yellow fogs, blue hids and amber corners. Someone might not like that look but to each their own.
    Last edited by Fr0z3N; 07-29-2007, 12:26 AM.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

Because the prelude isn't a Cb7 :P
      wat?

Comment

Because preludes are more expensive...

and i wouldn't jump to a conclusion about the GSR vs H22. there is no doubt it would be neck and neck, but i wouldn't go so far as to say "The H22 winds, period".

There are plenty of H22 accords here that would smoke a GSR, but there are also plenty of GSRs who would do the same to an H22 CB
        Last edited by Accord R33; 07-29-2007, 12:33 AM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

it kinda true what u say but it been in the race world for ever guys been swapping stuff.....................it's the circle of life....lol

4 door ex-l

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
            Because preludes are more expensive...

and i wouldn't jump to a conclusion about the GSR vs H22. there is no doubt it would be neck and neck, but i would go so far as to say "The H22 winds, period".

There are plenty of H22 accords here that would smoke a GSR, but there are also plenty of GSRs who would do the same to an H22 CB

lol ... dude u stuck on the one thing i said that was a "lets say" scenario ... lol ... i think as far as who would win .. the driver has alot to do w/ it too ... sum people (and sorry to say) cant drive worth a sh#% ... but yea

Comment

Prelude has it's cons and pro's. But no one of us goes out first to buy a cb and swap the h22 in it. Most of us on here start out with the stock engine, Use it till we get tired of it, Then upgrade to the h22.

The h22 cost around 2300 with tranny and everything. And thats just an upgrade. A prelude with an h22 cost around 7 to 12 grand still for the 5th gen.

Comment

It mostly happens because its what people want to do.

Preludes in good condition are rare... cb7's are a dime a dozen (granted not all of them are in good condition).

Also with the right set up I know of plenty of CB7's with the F22's in them that would beat an h22 becuase it was either boosted or just built right.

and for a true tuner... that stuff is fun.

I've done one engine swap and multiple turbo installs I just enjoy that stuff.
                "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva
                  i should register as a girl maybe more deprived nerds will answer my questions towards my car
                  bwhahaha.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i should register as a girl maybe more deprived nerds will answer my questions towards my car

hey hey hey ... i thought that was a really good question ... no?? ... ok no more dumb questions ... my bad

Comment

and ... i guess u can say "technically" speaking ... cb7s arent fast unless swapped??

Comment

lmao I didn't even realize it was a girl untill a few posts after I replied

They aren't that fast unless boosted, swapped or sprayed
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

i guess my point is ... why do you buy an accord just to swap it? why not just get a prelude? i mean if its for the weight of the cars why not drop it into a civic. thats lighter than an accord? i just dont get the whole tuner stuff. ur not tuning a car by swapping it .. thats modifying an accord not tuning it ... i mean for sumone to say they have a fast accord .. its like yea because it has a prelude motor ... but .. how many people actually have a fast accord ... with the motor that comes in their accord????
                          Swapping an h22a into an Accord is an 'improvement'. People buy these cars sometimes for affordability, sometimes because they just like the car etc etc. Take me for instance, I sold my Accord, bought a Skyline, bought my Accord back then sold it again, and yes I kick myself for it every day. Im trying to find another Accord worth buying and its proving to be quite the pain in the ass, I'm buying another because I truly just like the chassis.

Its not all about how fast someone wants to go or whatever, as I said its just changing the motor is a 'subtle' improvement.

Really, any sort of modification over stock can be considered tuning, whether it be swapping the motor, the transmission, the brakes, adding a turbo or whatever.

There are a lot of people who have the stock f22 motors running some good numbers. All it comes down to is the will of the owner and how they want to change their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by mIsS♥aCcORd_210
                            and ... i guess u can say "technically" speaking ... cb7s arent fast unless swapped??
                            I don't know if your serious or not but... NO

cb7's aren't even fast when there swapped.

in all seriousness though...there are a few non swapped cb's that are pushing over 200 hp and thats pretty fast for a 14 year old car.
                            "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                            - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

She's come up with a better subject then I think you ever have

Comment

Working...
                              X