Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20a Vs. F22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20a Vs. F22a

Hey Cb7 tuners!

i currently have a non running 90' honda accord(f22a1) and in need of some help.

i have sum money to do either swap. a f20a or a f22a(97 motor)

i currently have a f20a dohc 6x,xxx miles on it coming from Nad auto in jimmy carter, Georgia and that guy said it would be an easy swap. just plug and play he said. he offered 550 w/o tranny.

the f22a is still in the 97' accord 117,xxx miles on it in downtown atlanta called Vinhs body shop. guy offers 550 w/o tranny. the guy said the same thing easy install.

so tell me this guys(or gals ) which do u think is easier and would help me in the long run? if u can can u plz go into specific detail on both motors because obviously im a noob at this kind of stuff. really i like the f20a dohc because of the dual cams(come on now who doesnt like dual cams ) but would it be better just to have a 97 motor off an accord go into my car?

thanks!

Ok i dunni y he would swap a f22a in a 97 accord the 94-97 have f22b1/b2 vtec and non vtec

now the f20a DOHC is from wat i hear a nice high revvin motor like u said u can feel the DUAL cams.

i have the f20a SOHC motor. jus like the DOHC We're destroked so we rev high and faster the f22a motors. ill jus keep the f20a dohc. wat tranny r u runnin with the f20a dohc
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

No such thing as an f22a in a 97 model accord.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sorry for the mistake all i know its coming out of a 97 honda accord. anyways the only trans i have i believe is a 96 or a 97 trans. would that be able to fit in the f20?

Comment

man i would go for the f20. i got a f22a and its nice and all but the dual cams is a definate upper.. u can get a lsd tranny for the f20 too

Comment

i like the f20a over the 97 f22Bx

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

ill definitely go for the for the f20 u guys. let me ask u another question. do u think a 96-97 trans would fit in the f20? or will i have to modify it.

Comment

There are two F20A motors. DOHC and SOHC, correct me if I'm wrong, Lee. The DOHC is the good one, but both are quality motors.

The F22B1/2 found in the 5th generation Accords are not great motors, IMO... especially the VTEC one (poorly flowing head... ok for turbo, sucks otherwise) From a 97, you'll have to deal with the motor being OBD2 as well. I believe all the F20As are OBD1 (1995 or older is OBD1)

Get the F20A, F22B DOHC, H23, or H22 if you want to swap. Anything else isn't great.

Oh, and shops that say easy install... don't always mean it. I had that problem. 2 weeks and $1750 later, my motor was in... I still don't have AC (I could do it myself... just never got around to it!)

Comment

All F/H series transmissions are interchangeable... aside from the F20C/F22C (the S2000)

Comment

another question lol. for the f20 are there parts readily available to buy if something were to go wrong, maybe even just tuning it up. i.e. plugs wires, plugs, distributor cap, timing belt, etc. if there are-can you guys point me in the right direction or give me a website so i can purchase these items.

Comment

I believe many of the F22A parts will work on it... not positive, though. The aftermarket isn't nearly as strong as it is for the H series, or even the F22A

Comment

what kind of motor do u have deevergote?

Comment

Working...
                        X