Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Idle Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Problem

Lets make a long story short. I got into an accident so rather than buy a new car I took the engine out to put in another accord. Picked up another accord with a blown motor to put my old one in. I had the head off to be P & P along with an F22A6 cam and new valves. I also have the A6 Intake manifold on there with DC sports header and a Monza Hi-Flow cat. I finally got the engine started and have worked out all the CEL codes so now I have no Check Engine Light. The car idles at about 2k RPMs and when I pull the gas pedal back it drops down but then the idle continuously jumps between about 1k and 2k RPMs. I'm thinking I have a vacuum leak but i'm not sure. I'm wondering what you guys think it may be. Also I have an AEM short ram intake and for exhaust, there is nothing after the cat right now, i'm waiting for my Tanabe catback to come in.

I also have to add that someone had cut the wires just before the dizzy and put these crappy quick connectors which I have replaced because that was causing the car to not start.

Comment

u gonna check Fast Idle Thremo Valve n Electronic Air Control Valve....
      maybe it so dirty ot loose...
      hope it will help....
      Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

Will check those in the morning thank you so much

Comment

try playing a bit with the IDLE ADJUSTMENT SCREW that's what helped me before ! That is if you do not have any CEL codes and that's the case I think ?
          You know kid...some day this war is gonna end (sob)... C.O Kilroy (Apocalypse Now)

Comment

I messed with the adjustment screw and nothing happened at all and you're correct, I don't have any CEL codes.

Comment

Yea dude, go back and check all your vaccum lines, especially the ones on the t/b, check the PCV on the valve cover, and the FIT and EAC. But it really sounds like a vaccum line is off or maybe has a slight tear.
              "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

Working...
              X