Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

pt6 a53? mt or at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pt6 a53? mt or at

hey can anyone help me out, I need to know if this ecu is auto or manual, I got it from craigslist but cant get a hold of the guy to ask. PT6-A53 is the number. I know its an ex but is it auto or manual. ANd if it is auto can it be modded to fit my manual

Plug it in and find out.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Open it up, take pictures, post em up.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

nothing will mess up if i just plug it in will it??

Comment

its a 5 spd look at the numbers.
          either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

and to answer your other question yes it can be modded to fit a 5spd. send it to crzy or mrx to do it. I can but 2 lazy.
            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

is that what the 5 in a53 stands for?? i googled it and searched here and couldnt find anything i know a A52 is an automatic. Thanks though, Cant wait to put it in my car and see the diffrence

Comment

just curious, I have heard that auto pt6 and 5spd pt6 will work just fine. for example, a auto pt6 will work in a 5 speed, right?? and vice cersa. I'm really confused here.
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

The ecu's are interchangable, thats why theres something called a TCU thats spereate from a ECU, one controlles the computer, the other controls the engine.
                  If for somereason this one is different, the computer will just throw CEL's at you
                  Your man for wiring solutions!
                  CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                  CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Guero
                    is that what the 5 in a53 stands for?? i googled it and searched here and couldnt find anything i know a A52 is an automatic. Thanks though, Cant wait to put it in my car and see the diffrence
                    wait are you putting this in your LX/DX and hoping to see a difference?

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

The only way to see a difference is to get the engine that goes with the ECU. Other wise your doing what? Telling an engine to put more fuel when it mechanicly cannot?
                      There is more to the EX than the ECU
                      Some nice pre-vtec butterfly valves in the intake (they actually engage like Vtec lol)
                      Different headers
                      Wilder Cam
                      Some other crap
                      Bottom line...you need the better engine for any change...or atleast the parts from said engine.
                      Your man for wiring solutions!
                      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X