Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lucas additives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas additives

Hey guys
    apparently a guy at autozone says he added lucas stuff to EVERYTHING
    oil,trans,power steering etc in his saturn and gets 51mpg
    how can this be possible
    and has anyone had good experience with these items ?
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

lol 51mpg. Some people praise that stuff but to me I think its pointless.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      lol 51mpg. Some people praise that stuff but to me I think its pointless.
      i was like wtf...i dont think some magic oil stuff makes MPG better..i think i get 28 now, but my filter was dirty too..and i got a new one now
      i got 240miles on half tank..how does that sound ?

Comment

so what...51mpg going 55mph for the entire tank? he probably gained 5mpg just byt he way he drives, not the additives.

there's too many variables for this whole mpg crap. i wouldnt trust anyone who worked at autozone anyways.
        "yea just release the refrigerant into the air..."
        "34mm will fit all axle nuts even the 36..."

just some things they said to me. i just looked at them weird.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It's a cb7 not a prius.
          lol

Comment

i added some lucal oil fiel system treatment, but didnt feel much, but I always add some kind of fuel injector cleaner so mine probably werent dirty anyways.
            1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
            ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
            OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

recently ive had the oil change done, oil filter replaced, new air filter
              see if all that helps my mpg or something..idk

Comment

look how bad my air filter was.....

Comment

Paint it white and resell it on ebay.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Paint it white and resell it on ebay.
                    and say it's JDM too

you'll never get that great economy out of your CB but keeping your car up to date with tune ups and good engine care sure will help a lot

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                    My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by d112crzy
                    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                    All I gotta really say is:
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

none ofthose additives work . He's takin you for a ride maine

Comment

that guys looked so random...54mpg...and it was a saturn
                        i was like yeah...sure...then wouldnt the whole world buy saturns
                        instead of hondas ?

Comment

lucas oil conditioner is great for the conditioning of seals and wahtnot....but MPG.......come on now.....like it was said in the previous comments.....wouldn't everyone run out and buy Saturn if it was that good.....

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
                          ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

your mpg is an example of how efficient your motor is working. By having your rings or any of the seals wear, that will effect it. although Its not going to give someone 50+mpg from a car that from the factory had 30ish, but it does help.

The stuff does what it is supposed to do, and that is add extra lube . The more lubricated the moving parts of a motor are the less energy is lost do to friction. On my 1g gsx, when i was pushing 853awhp and running a t4/t04R i ran lucas just because it is conducive to keeping seals and rings happy for longer. In my daily driver turbo civic and cb7 i put .5 quart of lucas in every time i change the oil. my cb7 has 290,XXX and i still get 32-33mpg. I mean its not going to make your turbo spool faster, or your motor never break, but on my 4g63, running that much power, i can say its good stuff. I had taken the motor apart to upgrade my rods to aluminum ones. well usually i would have to rebuild the motor each year, but ever since i started using the stuff, it just seems to make the rings last longer. Maybe it just shows good results in dsm's but being that my compression has not changed in my accord, means that the rings are still doing fine. its worth the little extra cash at oil change time.
                            Last edited by PowerPerformanc; 07-24-2007, 09:35 PM.

Comment

had a 89 accord and the auto tranz started slipping very bad wouldnt even pull after it got some heat on it... dropped the transpan and replaced the fluid and added lucus... trans ran for another 7 months with no problem then it died out

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                              Originally posted by deevergote.
                              But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Working...
                              X