Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what kinda hp gains can one expect....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kinda hp gains can one expect....

.....from boosting a F22.....

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
    ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Please do us a favor and do some searching..

As for the general question you have now... There are way to many variables to give you an answer IMO anyways.. Later

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7
      .....from boosting a F22.....
      anywhere between a few hp and over a 100. A better question would be how much gain could i expect from t3/t4 hybrid or a t-66. Look in the forced induction, and members rides for turbo. When you do a little research it will help you a lot.

besides searching also say your budget,
      Last edited by NorcoAccord; 07-22-2007, 03:58 AM.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
        anywhere between a few hp and over a 100. A better question would be how much gain could i expect from t3/t4 hybrid or a t-66. Look in the forced induction, and members rides for turbo. When you do a little research it will help you a lot.
        Saying that is still a broad domain and doesnt help much. Describing t3/t4 doesnt really help. Tells the person what kinda of turbo then there are combinations of t3/t4 and all function differently. As mentioned search or read the FI section on here.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

A good rule of thumb is that a properly sized turbo will make about 10hp per psi. 8-10psi is about the limit for a stock F22. So 80-100hp. That is highly dependent on the turbo itself, though. Tuning, engine condition, and other mods have a major impact as well.

Comment

thanks deevergote.....now that was some very helpful info....this is the beginner section so I asked a beginner question

deevergote...you are saying that on a stock F22.....with NO upgrades whatsoever it will hold 8 to 10 psi....great!~

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
            ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

he didnt say that it would but that it could... depnds on a lot of variables and luck.

Comment

Very true. Don't EVER assume anything is going to last with turbo... If you cut corners (boosting a stock block, using used parts, tuning on the street instead of the dyno) you greatly increase your chances of blowing something up.

The initial health of your motor is important as well. Do a compression test, make sure there are no leaks. Check for any sort of smoke from the tailpipe at idle, partial throttle, and full throttle. Smoke, leaks, or poor compression are signs that your motor won't last. A problem that would possibly permit the motor to run another 30,000 miles in stock form could mean death in 1000 miles with turbo.

To be quite honest with you, my answer is the WORST one here. It's just the only one telling you what you want to hear. The other answers are more accurate.

Comment

it all depends largely on the parts you use.

my buddy boosted his cb and to be honest, its just slow as dirt.

he used the tdo5h turbo and log manifold from a dsm eclipse and its just not fast. i think its the exhaust manifold to be honest, i mean, it just flows like dog shit.

do yourself a favor, and do alot of research before you spend anything on a boost setup. know what your getting into, ya know?
                  "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                  "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                  Disregard females, acquire currency
                  BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                    it all depends largely on the parts you use.

my buddy boosted his cb and to be honest, its just slow as dirt.

he used the tdo5h turbo and log manifold from a dsm eclipse and its just not fast. i think its the exhaust manifold to be honest, i mean, it just flows like dog shit.

do yourself a favor, and do alot of research before you spend anything on a boost setup. know what your getting into, ya know?
                    Sounds like a similar setup to what i had...Im not sure what you would expect from a $1000 junkyard turbo setup. i know my CB would have given an H22 CB a run for its money, no problem.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                      Sounds like a similar setup to what i had...Im not sure what you would expect from a $1000 junkyard turbo setup. i know my CB would have given an H22 CB a run for its money, no problem.

i think he got it from you? 90_accord_22657

i think it was just that log manifold, and plus, we always ran it with a crappy stock suspension and old nasty tires. with a better suspension to hook it up, and tires to put it down, i think it would have been much faster.
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

For low boost applications, log manifolds flow just fine. Hell, JoJo Callos used to run a log on his pro drag car. If the mani was cracked and leaking, THEN it could've been the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          For low boost applications, log manifolds flow just fine. Hell, JoJo Callos used to run a log on his pro drag car. If the mani was cracked and leaking, THEN it could've been the problem.

either way, his car is just slow as dirt. we both built it, so we are both responsible. im sure it was builder error.

none the less OP, do your homework before spending

Comment

Very true. If you don't know what everything does, and why it does it... you're going to have a slow car at best, and a blown motor at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Very true. If you don't know what everything does, and why it does it... you're going to have a slow car at best, and a blown motor at worst.

best advice in the thread.

we even had a good understanding of what we were doing and the project still fell on its face.

Comment

Working...
                              X