Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

loud sound when driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loud sound when driving

hi could you guys help me when i'm driving i keep hearing a loud sound and when i drive even faster the loud it gets so i dunno whats wrong so could anyone help me =p thx in advance

thats a little vague. little more info might help.

anyway im not on the level of alot of guys here but i can say listen follow the sound and find where its coming from and u can probably find the problem

Comment

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. Make sure nothing is dragging around the tires. Is it a humm?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea it gets louder as i go faster

Comment

yea I used to have a growling noise going on until I fixed it with a new wheel bearing.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
          does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

weird but it gets really loud when i drive around 40 mph, could it be something else?

Comment

what kinda sound is it?? u just keep saying loud... it could be your exhaust

Comment

Does it get quieter or louder as you turn? Wheel bearings generally make a howling/growling type sound. When you turn you are slightly unloading one side of your car and loading the other. So, if you turn left and it gets louder then its probably your right hand side wheel bearing. and vise versa.

Also, most suspention shops will do free estimates, have them put it on the rack and diagnose everything then take it home and fix it yourself. The wheel bearing requires a press i belive, might be a little beyond most backyard mechanics. But if you remove the whole hub assembly and take it to Napa, they will press the bearing out and the new one in for a nominal fee.

-Yoss

Comment

its quieter when i turn because i go slower and like before i said it gets louder as i go faster. Also its just a really loud hum so yea =/

Comment

just as stated above sound like wheel bearing

Comment

could it be a brake related issue?
                      maybe one of those tabs touching the rotor or your rear shoes need to be changed......

start with the easy stuff first...

good luck

Comment

hey could it be anything else? I can only describe it as a really loud hum and when i asked my dad which is a mechanic he said it couldn't be that so just to double check and if there isn't anything else i'll have him replace it anyways

Comment

jack up your car if you have play in the 12/6 (push pull the tire) o clock position your wheel bearing is gone. You can see if anything is dragging around the brakes causing the noise as mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

o ok cool thx and play is like movement right?

Comment

Originally posted by jle2k
                              o ok cool thx and play is like movement right?
                              yes it is..

how did it go? no play?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                              X