Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My car shifts funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car shifts funny

OK I just finish doing my auto to 5 spd convertion but i did not take care of the tranny mount because i cant afford to get it fabracated on. So when im 1st gear and I push the clutch in to get ready to put it in 2nd it kinda like rattles the car and i want to know is it because the tranny mount is not on or because the clutch is new and have to be broken in.

so the tranny mount is not on there? like that there at all. that will cause much movement in the engine bay

what kind of clutch is it?
    Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by DTaccords85
      OK I just finish doing my auto to 5 spd convertion but i did not take care of the tranny mount because i cant afford to get it fabracated on. So when im 1st gear and I push the clutch in to get ready to put it in 2nd it kinda like rattles the car and i want to know is it because the tranny mount is not on or because the clutch is new and have to be broken in.
      You already solved your own problem..

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if you cant afford to do it right then dont... you should have waited until you had all of the necessary items before attempting the conversion

Comment

What can i do temporarly into i get the mount welded on. Is there a way to modify one of the old mounts?

Comment

I forget the name of the clutch but i got it from autozone for $113

Comment

duralast. most likely will not chatter. so get the mount a member sell them on (esp.net) sell the mount so there is no cut and weld just straigh bolt in
              Members Ride

Comment

yeah it was a duralast clutch kit. so there is a mount that just bolts in no cutting and welding.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=80212
                  Members Ride

Comment

I just saw in another thread by cpMike you can use a prulude mount does any one know how?

Comment

Working...
                    X