Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help making exhaust choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help making exhaust choice

Ok, it's time for me to get an exhaust so I can get my accord on the road. I am stuck between the Greddy EVO2 and the Tanabe super medallion one. I heard that they are about equal as far as quality goes but the people at Tanabe are assholes and are hard to deal with. I'm not worried about that person's bad experience so I would like to know your opinions on the two diffrent products. I'm looking for a nice tone and good quality. I don't want to be buying a new exhaust next year because this one rusted out or fell apart or is too loud. All opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

Apexi WS2 ftw

Comment

and ull also b spendin alot of money.

What about A local exhaust? have them mandrel bent some pipin for u. check out my MANdrel bent LINk. my car is a lil louder now. if i want it quiet simply put a res on. but im goin for free flowin exhuast so i dont want a REs.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I heard the Apexi was a good exhaust but it's not fully stainless steel so it won't last too long. Is this true? Also i'm not really worried about the cost but I will deffinetly look into the mandrel bent. Maybe Midas can do it for me. If I bring my own muffler and resonator they could do it?

Comment

WS2 is stainless. The 1st gen werent or something like that. I would think it is. Who told you tanabe people are assholes and hard people to deal with? My friends have had no problem with them unless your talking about a local distributor....If tanabe had shitty service it wouldnt be too successful as it is in the industry. EVO2 would be a lil louder as I recall. I heard a G medallion (i think thats what it was called) on an 5g accord and it wasnt bad at all. Either way evo2/super medallion is pretty close and too close to call. Its just brand preference.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yeah i'm leaning towards the Tanabe since it's cheaper than the Greddy. Thank you all for the quick responses.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              WS2 is stainless. The 1st gen werent or something like that. I would think it is. Who told you tanabe people are assholes and hard people to deal with? My friends have had no problem with them unless your talking about a local distributor....If tanabe had shitty service it wouldnt be too successful as it is in the industry. EVO2 would be a lil louder as I recall. I heard a G medallion (i think thats what it was called) on an 5g accord and it wasnt bad at all. Either way evo2/super medallion is pretty close and too close to call. Its just brand preference.
              WS2 isn't stainless. It's titanium coated mild steel (or something like that). I've had it for over 3 years in the Northeast and still had no issues with it.

Comment

^^Or that.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

check out kteller.com you may be able to get one of their piping kits for cheaper and have a local shop do your welding.

Comment

either way the ws2 looks sick and doesn't rust.
                    word...

Comment

I'm not worried about what it looks like. Looking for quality and personal experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X