Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions...

Alright, so rather than start a new account for me, I'll use my g/f's since she visit's more than I, and needs posts badly.. lollerz...

Having some fuel pump issues... It's pretty random, mostly on very small slopes and sometimes flats... Does it cold or hot, not picky.. Well...
    Rather than going to autozone and picking up an overpriced stock unit, I went ahead and ordered the Walbro 255LP Pump.

I'm still awaiting it's arrival, but in the meantime I am curious to know if it's going to require a FPR even though the injectors are still stock?

The reason for the upgraded pump was to avoid buying two fuel pumps within a few months of each other as I have some air goodies going on soon that will need the extra fuel...

Thanks in advance...

You sure its even the fuel pump??? If a fuel pump goes out the car wouldnt even want to start up again...

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Last time it was happening, there wasn't much traffic around so I could listen for the pump while she tried starting it. I didn't hear it 4 of 5 times of trying, and when it would come on, the car would almost start(closer than the other trys) but it wouldn't stay running, a few times of turning the key and it actually making sound, it would start up and run fine... 9of10 times the car is on a very, very slight slope..

If the pump doesn't solve the issue, I figure the only thing left is the EFI Relay.. I already replaced the inline filter which actually seemed to make the problem more apparent.. It's happening more than it used to atleast..

Comment

good choice on the f/p, never get it at autozone or kregans! main relay could be one possibility.
        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer
          good choice on the f/p, never get it at autozone or kregans! main relay could be one possibility.
          Best thing I've ever gotten from autozone was my Gatorback belt for my Spec5.. Hope to get some for the H22 soon..Things aren't cheap thats for sure...

I just talked a somewhat reliable tuner friend from FL who says as long as the stock FPR isn't shot, running into flooding/overkill wont be a problem.. I really hope it's not the relay because it runs 80.99 at autozone.. Hope the pump and strainer fixes it.. LOL

Comment

It is more likely your PGM-FI relay.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
            X