Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Joining The Honda Club, A Few Questions On 92' Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining The Honda Club, A Few Questions On 92' Accord

Okay, I won't lie, I don't have a clue about a lot of the deeper details of automobiles, I can change brakes and rotors, oil, tie rods, wheels... The easy stuff.
    I just recently got the chance to pick up a 92' Accord. It's in amazing condition body wise, theres a tiny bit of rust on the back, not a big deal. According to the owner, it skips a bit, and it needs a valve gasket because oil leaks and stalls the car out. It's a manual so I'm unsure of the condition so far as the transmission and clutch go. The total price for it is $200.
    I'm a little skeptical though about the mileage. It looked like 200,000 miles when I peeked in. (The owner wasn't around so I couldn't start it or anything yet...) How long does the average accord last? This would be my first car, and I wouldnt mind putting money into it. So here are some of my questions.

Should I put money to restore it? I saw a motor online for around 1200 shipped. It was new and came with a new tranny and computer and all that good stuff... but how much would an average garage charge to install it? I also priced a body kit for 250, a clutch kit for 350, and new tires and rims for around 550. I'd like to get it painted also, so that it looks like this car. Click Here How much would all that cost to be installed by a garage, Engine installed, clutch kit, oil pump and water pump, body kit, and paint job and the half dollar sized rust hole filled? Or should I not need to worry about the motor. I saw a engine rebuild kit with pistons, gaskets, oil and water pumps, and some other stuff, would that be better? I'm really jsut looking for something dependable and that will last me through college, I'm a junior in high school right now.

Obviously, Im going to go in the order of importance, I'm not gonna make it look nice before it runs, So if someone would like to tell me an order incase I don't have all the cash to do everything right away, that'd be fine, or tell me an alternative.
    Thanks for all the help.

Cuzz, as long as you take care of a CB7, It'll take care of you. My cb7 has been passed down to me from my older brother. So, its been in the family for a while and its been wrecked 3 times, of course with a little work and fix-up, its still trucking. Since you know how to do all the easy stuff as you stated, you'll be fine. And yeah, I think you should get the cb7. I love to see old things brought back to life and your plans sound hella good. Thats a sweet deal on that engine for 1200 but in getting all of these things installed, you'll probably be charged an arm and a leg. What kind of engine is it for 1200?
    92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Well, actually, I was being stupid, I thought they were all for my car, but maybe not, the one I was referring to was this one. http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30028 Would this one fit and work? Or which one (cheapest) would work for the one i have from that site?

Comment

Whooooooooa! Its an H22a. Of course it'll fit and bring you a lot more power at the same time. You should definately go along with your plans and get this engine!
        92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

yeah it would work,U can swap in any of the F and h series except the f20c and the f22c.Cuz there rear wheel drive.

Have fun!
          1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
          -Nava

Comment

you can school yourself by scrolling thru the stickies..

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
              you can school yourself by scrolling thru the stickies..
              Thanks for the tip bro. But cool, A new motor and tranny for the car. But how come it says it averages 35000 miles.. shouldn't last longer than that? But the new motor will allow me to keep it for much longer right?

Any body give me an estimate on installing all this?

Comment

ID BY IT, MY CAR HAS 218,894 MILES ON IT (ALL ORIGNAL) AND DONT SMOKE, DONT KNOCK, DONT LEAK ANY KIND OF FLUID. STILL PULLS LIKE A CHAMP. PAID 400 DOLLARS FOR IT. THATS THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM A FRIEND THAT DIDNT TAKE CARE OF IT.

Comment

IF YOU LIVE IN SAN ANTONIO, ID HOOK IT UP FOR CHEAP.

Comment

35000 miles average - how much is on the engine. Some have less than 35k some have more. These engines last to 150-200k. Thats a good engine, 200bhp about. If you're on a budget, get a stock f22. If you can swing the $1400, do the h22. yes its $1400, you want the ECU also (+200).

Mechanics make about $20-$40/hr. I have no idea, but I figure 10 hours should be plenty of time to do an engine swap. $400 bux? Not to bad.
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

you can always buy it and sell it to me $200 is a steal! I'd be on that like white on rice
                      My Car
                      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Yea, That's fine the 1400, I didn't realize the ecu was extra, i'm trying to stay far below 4000, hopefully 3000 but I know it wont happen, but luckily, I don't have much to do besides go to school, and work, and with a car, I'll be able to find better pay hopefully.
                        Also, It comes with the Tranny. So if I get the clutch kit, would I have a pretty new transmission, The car is five speed manual. and the clutch kit comes with, the clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and alignment tool. It's a stage one, so Is that alright for just regular driving?

Comment

Well, If i do get that motor, could I change my car to an automatic fairly cheap? What things would I have to buy?'
                          And also, that motor, when I put it in do I need to buy anything else to have it installed? I'm getting very excited to begin on this car..
                          Last edited by bjrft; 07-16-2007, 12:59 AM.

Comment

why the hell would you want to change it to an auto?

driving stick is super easy and fun! save yourself the hassle and money and learn stick. it will take you an hour to learn at the most, and you'll become decent in a month or two if you drive it everyday. Really becomes second nature.

Especially if you wanna put a prelude engine into it, 200 horses + 5 speed = great fun.
                            1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
                            ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
                            OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

i just put 200,000 miles on my car just changed the timing belt and it is still running strong. i love my cb. it will love you back in return. just like someone else said.
                              oh and especially the manual. so many people are shocked when i tell then its a stick. its like they dont believe an accord can be a manual
                              word...

Comment

Working...
                              X