Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ecu/hondata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecu/hondata

whats a good ecu to get with a good hondata system.....

like what ecu and what hondata sys.....???

i'd get a chipped p28 and not fuck with hondata.
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

were would be a good place to find a p28?

Comment

EBAY...Why do u wanna go with Hondata?

What is ur set up
        1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
        -Nava

Comment

What setup do you have that you need hondata?

DOn't get a p28 if you don't have vtak. YOu'll be wasting your money unless you get it for cheaper than you can get a p06.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i thought..... which was probly my first thing to do wrong... that hondata was a good system to tune with???

basic 96 h22a with auto trans....... nothing to the motor..... c.a.i and exhaust....

Comment

Originally posted by cb7Choler
              i thought..... which was probly my first thing to do wrong... that hondata was a good system to tune with???

basic 96 h22a with auto trans....... nothing to the motor..... c.a.i and exhaust....
              It is. But there are much cheaper options available. Even 'Crome' basic should have every feature you will need for your setup.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

so......... whats everyone's two cents on this???

could y'all give me a list of shit to get???

thanks...

Comment

a better brain that has the ability to search.

Since you're auto, you might have to go with Hondata. Unless you want to help me figure out which tcu's work with which chipped ecu and which version of crome/uberdata.

I've figured out only 2 combos, which sucks.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Hondata is the only way to go without having to burn a chip every time you want to change something. I actually have a P28 with a Hondata S300 installed and tuned for my H22A1 for sale, but I don't know if it will work with an auto trans. Check the Hondata forums and they should be able to tell you whatever you need to know. Like was said earlier though, Hondata IS expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for in features and ease of tuning. The S300 is the only ECU "chip" I know of that is tunable on the fly.
                    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
                      The S300 is the only ECU "chip" I know of that is tunable on the fly.
                      Then you have obviously never heard of Crome.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Chipped P28, Crome, and an Ostrich are all you need to tune on the fly (well, with the obvious inclusion of a wideband o2 sensor and a chip burner). Once you get the map where you want it, you can burn the chip and be done with it. I'll take a $400 setup and the need to burn one chip at the end of a tuning session over an expensive Hondata setup anyday!

Hondata is good, but very proprietary. They encourage you to go to a trained professional to have your car tuned. While that is a very good thing to suggest, it's not great for people who want to learn. Their stuff is very powerful, but for most users, the extra features are just extra confusion.

There's nothing WRONG with Hondata, they're just a bit overpriced. If I was going to spend a ton of money on a tuning system, I'd probably go with Electromotive or Motec. Regardless, I have no need for that much power in a tuning system!

Comment

are you saying with crome and ostrich you are able to datalog? only have to burn the chip once?
                          word...

Comment

You can datalog with Crome and the right cables. The Ostrich is an emulator, that allows you to load the map and run it on the fly. No burning necessary. Not until the map is where you want it, and you want it permanent. I believe there are other such emulators, but the Ostrich is the only one I've ever seen used in person (MRX used it when he tuned my car)

Comment

OK, when I said tunable on the fly, I meant you never have to burn a chip. And if you want to have 7 different maps for 7 different driving situations, all you need is a USB cable and a laptop to store the maps. Plug in the laptop, start up the software, upload the map of your choice and drive away. The S300 has built in datalogging with no special equipment needed. Plug in the laptop and download the datalogs. You can change the parameters for the datalogs, say you want it to start when you accelerate to 40 MPH and stop when you decelerate to 15 MPH. Set ip up and drive away.

I have nothing against Crome or Uberdata, but since I installed my Hondata, I've gotten partial to them. You CAN tune it yourself (As I have done in the past), but if you want a real good tune, you need to dyno tune it. And this is true of ANY tunable ECU...
                              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
                              X