Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rim removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rim removal

im installing new breaks and when i tried to take the wheel off it wouldnt even budge , this is my first honda and other cars the wheel would come right off , i tried oiling in around the stems but i got nothing , is there some sort of wheel lock preventing my from taking it off or what? thanks
    92ex

u talkin bout an EX? if so the lug should come off unless its stripped, then u gota find some shop to rip them off, n ur gona have to find some new lugs, prolly same situation if they are steel wheels.. if anything just use the jack thingy to get it off. best of luck

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
    out of the game for now but looking

Comment

If you take the lugs off, and the wheel wont budge... give the tire a nice big whack with a hammer, and it should just pop off...

Comment

with all the lug nuts off, just give the wheel a swift kick.

the same happened to me when i tried to replace my front brakes but the wheel wouldn't come off. i got pissed and BAM!!! it came right off.

Comment

yeah its an ex , wont move at all prolly is stripped , how much you think new lugs would run me?
          92ex

Comment

lol yeah i hit it with a hammer ,didnt beat on it but il try that , some hard hammering ( hard enough) should get it lose enough to come off?
            92ex

Comment

are you having problems getting the lug nuts off..or the wheel?
              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

wheel
                92ex

Comment

yea, they're not easy to take out.

just punch the tire w/ ur palm or take a hammer.

its in there really tight so give it a good couple of hits.

Comment

IT just looks that way bro, just kick the wheel and it should come loose.

Comment

When they're on there for a while, they don't want to come off. I laid down on my back and put all my power into a good kick... finally got it off after a few of those. It's common... and frustrating.

Comment

boot the shit out of it, you know you want too.....
                        "Am i crazy? Or am i so sane that i just blew your mind?"

Comment

Everyone already mentioned kick it. WHEN YOU KICK IT KICK THE RIM NOT THE TIRE. If you kick the tire it just absorbs the damage. Kick the rim it shows it whos boss. Dont hurt yourself.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                          X