Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sport Mode stays on without button engaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport Mode stays on without button engaged

So heres my problem. My sport mode engages when it wants and if i push the button, it wont do anything. It will stay on and wont go away. its really weird. I guess I could check the code if one shows up. Does anyone else have this problem orrrr knows something else I could do if there is not a code?

Best bet is to jump the code find out what its throwing then work on it from there.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Flahsing Sports mode light means VSS craped out. Jump the code like Nail said.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Vss?
        Bogey2Tone

Comment

aight check the code when it happens again

and its weird, it doesnt flash

Comment

no no if it stays on, the button is jammed. over time if u keep pressing it, it will jam on because the connectors are overlapping... its not so bad tho
            1990 Accord EX Sold
            1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
            1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

Im not trying to sound stupid but i have never seen this sport mode thing that everyone is talking about.Is it on automatics only or is it only on special models of the accord???

Mr.Phil: "FitMoHoesInMyFoDO"
              Young jeezy:If you ain't talking about money then you ain't talkin bout Shit.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaaccord
                Im not trying to sound stupid but i have never seen this sport mode thing that everyone is talking about.Is it on automatics only or is it only on special models of the accord???
                I will take pictures this weekend.

Flashing Sports mode light means VSS possibly crapped out.
                VSS=vehicle speed sensor. If your speedometer is working properly, this is not the issue.

Does your car change gears w/out problem?
                91 EX F22A4 - Stock w/ 220k mi
                My Ride - 12/06

Comment

Originally posted by pandaaccord
                  No prob. Sports mode was only featured on the 90/91 auto transmissioned cars. It was discontinued for the 92/93 models cause, well it was basically useless at that point...
                  My Black "H"
                  AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

naw its like random random days it will just be on and stay in either in 2nd ooorr 3rd gear and not turn off. it will turn off after 3o min of driving and thats it. The

button wont turn it off or even turn it on.

BTW: Sport mode is only on automatic transmission hondas during 90-91 i think. Its basically overdrive just called sport mode

Comment

i figured out that it was my pcv valve

Comment

pcv valve...? word?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordconor
                          i figured out that it was my pcv valve
                          WTF....how is that your PCV valve that makes the trans stay in sport mode?

That makes no sense....

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

i know its weird. it turned on yesterday and i was talking to someone and they said check your pcv valve, and it was off. so i put it back on then sport mode went away

Comment

Glad that I found some info on this. I was also new to this "sport" button b/c I had a '93 which didn't have this feature. Currently, I've been building a '91 Accord from the ground up and here's my situation and question:

I switched over the whole shifter assembly from my '93 with the exception of adding the shifter knob from the '91 (w/ the sports button). Everything is wired in and looks like it should be in working condition but I want to make sure everything is in order before it's on the road one day. My main question... is this even possible to incorporate the shifter knob into the '93 shifter assembly? If so, would I need to transfer and ECU's, swap any codes, etc?

Another problem that confuses me... sometimes I'll get into the car, start it up, brake pedal depressed, and won't be able to release the shifter into other gears (it's and AUTO). I'm familiar with the release on the right side of the shifter when you press the brake to release the shifter to shift into reverse, D4, D3, etc. Just @ random times, it doesn't work and it's just tedious and annoying to have to pull the key out, put it in "shiftlock release." After that point, it works fine until it won't release from park again. Thanks for any help with these issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X