Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Thinkin of buying agx's but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinkin of buying agx's but...

I have some tokico blues i bought of my buddy, but i wanna upgrade to some adjustables. AGX's seem like a good idea but i heard they kill your drop... I have H&R sports and i was wondering how much they will add to my ride height over the blues. Or should i spend they extra hundred and get illuminas, Konis are just to much for me...

Im going with Konis but thats me.

Id go with the illuminas in your case.

Comment

kill your drop?? what do you mean?

had my agx's with neuspeed race's for about a year and a half now, plus about a year on neuspeed sports before that with no problem what-so-ever

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

Originally posted by twokexlv6coupe
        kill your drop?? what do you mean?

had my agx's with neuspeed race's for about a year and a half now, plus about a year on neuspeed sports before that with no problem what-so-ever
        You get more of a drop using other shocks than AGX.

Compare my car to owequitit's for a good example. We have the same springs, same wheel/tire size and offset, and just different struts.

Comment

I had a set of AGX's on Neuspeed race springs(rated for a 2.2in. drop) and the drop left me with a 3 finger gap all the way around.( I have 17's sitting on 40 series tires.)

It's a great stiff set up, a little too bouncy for me though so I switched to Tokico HP's and Neuspeed sport springs. It left me with about the same drop as the AGX/NeuRace set did.

Thinking back I wish I had gotten the Illumina's. I miss the adjustabillity.
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

check the sig, thats KYB agxs and h&r sports i like the drop, i dont have to tip toe around bumps and shit like people that are super slammmed, i think after a point it starts to hurt performance being so low

-sean
            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

I don't have to tiptoe around anything either.

In my experience AGX + those springs = rides like crap.

I would get the Tokicos.

And my car is noticably lower than AW's.

Plus the fact that the one guy above me said the AGX's and the Race's were about the same as the Tokicos and the sports...

Neuspeed Races with Tokicos tuck tire.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                Plus the fact that the one guy above me said the AGX's and the Race's were about the same as the Tokicos and the sports...

Neuspeed Races with Tokicos tuck tire.
                I have Neuspeed Sports on Tokico HP's not Race on Tokico HP's. I don't tuck tire.

Or am I misinterpreting what you said?
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Comment

I would sell the springs and run a coil over set up.....

that way the springs and dampners are matched. ride height is independent of spring tension
                  www.apexr1.com

10% off on all items for CB7Tuner members

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
                    I have Neuspeed Sports on Tokico HP's not Race on Tokico HP's. I don't tuck tire.

Or am I misinterpreting what you said?

You misunderstood what I said.

Was it you who said you had races and AGX's, and it was about the same as Sports and Tokicos?

If it was, then my point was, if you put those race springs on your Tokicos you would be tucking tire, not level with a set of sports.

There is a LARGE difference between the 2. Go look at ray ray's old Accord, if you want to see what Races SHOULD look like.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                      You misunderstood what I said.

Was it you who said you had races and AGX's, and it was about the same as Sports and Tokicos?

If it was, then my point was, if you put those race springs on your Tokicos you would be tucking tire, not level with a set of sports.

There is a LARGE difference between the 2. Go look at ray ray's old Accord, if you want to see what Races SHOULD look like.
                      Gotcha. Sorry.
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
                        Gotcha. Sorry.

No problem.

I am not sure why, but AGX's just don't lower as much. They are cheaper though.

It is typical to get .5"-1" less than the springs advertise with the AGX's.

Comment

alright then i wanna keep the drop, losing even half an inch is to much, ill be getting the illuminas

Comment

I have this exact same set up on my car.h&r sport springs and agx's. the ride is really comfortable compared to my homies car that has the same shocks but eibach sportlines. his is more bouncy than mine. and the drop isn't that bad, at least to my opinion. it's got about I think a 2 almost three finger gap on 16 inch rims with 50 series tires.
                            The beginning of a new era............................
                            165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                            184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Eibachs are notorious for being harsh. H&R is decent... 93twodoorLX has my old setup. I'm on H&R Race and Koni Yellows now, and even though I'm lower, the ride is actually better. And the adjustability of the Konis is far superior to the AGX. You can go very soft, and you can go go-kart stiff. Well worth the additional investment, IMO.

A full coilover system is also a good idea. They can get expensive, based on the quality, but a decent setup is no more than a good set of springs and new Konis. You don't need a $2000 coilover setup for a street car.

One thing to keep in mind with coilovers is that once you set them to where you want them, get an alignment. If you ever change your height, align again. A $70 alignment is far cheaper than a new $500 set of tires! That's one reason why I like springs... I'm set at that height, like it or not!

Comment

Working...
                              X