Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Quick Cold Air Intake/SRI question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Cold Air Intake/SRI question

Alright, this is a 2 piece Cold Air Intake
    http://www.k2motor.com/afcacd90.html
    Which means if it's raining I can just take the end off and it will be like SRI, right?
    Aggtown, REPRESENT.

I belive so.
    1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
    -Nava

Comment

yes

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies!
        Aggtown, REPRESENT.

Comment

well if its raining are you really going to take out the cold air out???? get a AEM bypass as well just to be on safe side/
          either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

AEM Bypass?
            Can I have a link?
            Aggtown, REPRESENT.

Comment

Alright, I just googled around for the AEM bypass valve, and it seems that hydrolock isn't possible in heavy rain, unless the intake is actually submerged (big ass puddle i guess). Is hydrolock really that big a problem with CAI?
              Aggtown, REPRESENT.

Comment

Originally posted by aggtx
                Alright, I just googled around for the AEM bypass valve, and it seems that hydrolock isn't possible in heavy rain, unless the intake is actually submerged (big ass puddle i guess). Is hydrolock really that big a problem with CAI?

well since you live in arlington don't you remember all the rain we had a week or so ago. my car was submerged big time and i couldn't avoid all the high water. I was fawked like @ huggins honda freaking water a little higher then my bumper i was fawk ima hydrolock. so what i did to get out from the big dip was speed up in my car then turn it off and hit the high water puddle before my CAI sucked in any water then once it was clear turned it back on.... so hydrolock is a issue and you have to be safe..
                either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

In my time here, I have seen at least 3 knowledgeable members hydrolock their motors. These guys weren't idiots. I have a CAI with no bypass valve, and I've been lucky... of course, I live in a very flat area!

The bypass valve is a very good thing. Even a full submersion of the filter shouldn't result in the pipe sucking up water, as long as the valve is functioning properly (I assume it could stick and fail in time).

The 2 piece CAI is a good idea... but when it rains, are you really going to pull off your wheel, remove the splash guard, remove the filter, take the thing apart, and put the filter back on the short part? Yeah, you'll do that ONCE... and then you'll stick the lower part in your garage and never put it back on

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    The 2 piece CAI is a good idea... but when it rains, are you really going to pull off your wheel, remove the splash guard, remove the filter, take the thing apart, and put the filter back on the short part? Yeah, you'll do that ONCE... and then you'll stick the lower part in your garage and never put it back on
                    Hahaha, that sounds exactly like something I'd do. I figure that'd be okay i guess, If it's just an ebay cold air, it's not much more than a short ram.

Do the AEM bypass filters fit any cold air with the same diameter, or does it only fit the AEM one? Anyone had experience with it?

Also, Trah, I know exactly what you're talking about. that rain sucked. Day looked great, and then it would suddenly start pouring...which reminds me...I need to wash my BBB.
                    Aggtown, REPRESENT.

Comment

want to see a hydrolocked motor????????

this is when we split the head and block apart. i cant show you the block hole, because theres stuff right by it. but the hole is the size of a fist right on the side where the rod shot out.

think twice before driving in the rain with a cold air.

cleaned

this is a different block tho

miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

This is kind of like when you ask about whether unprotected sex is a good idea, and someone posts pictures of syphilis.
                        Aggtown, REPRESENT.

Comment

Originally posted by aggtx
                          This is kind of like when you ask about whether unprotected sex is a good idea, and someone posts pictures of syphilis.

lol.
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Get a bypass valve. A solid pipe with no bypass is just gonna suck up water regardless. If you hit a puddle head on and flings water into your filter your gonna suck it up with no valve. You have it you hit a big ass puddle full speed you wont have to worry about it. I have a 3in new AEM Bypass valve for sale back at home. All I did was open the box and test fit thats it. Lemme know if you need one.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                            X