Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Speed Sensor mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Sensor mystery

I had a skittish speedometer for about 5 months that would work about 50% of the time. It would throw a 17 code. Speed Sensor.

So I just replaced the speed sensor with one from a junkyard. Guess what?....

It does the same thing!!!

I've driven it a few times now and it works every now and then. If its not my speed sensor, what could it be? Is there anything else that would affect it before it gets to the speedo head in the dash?

I'm out of ideas.

Thanks guys!
    PM me for the following...
    -Driver's side 2-door armrest in tan for sale - $5 + shipping

I'm currently looking to buy an N/A mkIII (86.5-92) supra. PM if you or anyone you know is selling anywhere near CO.

Bad connection? Bad wire? People usually buy ones off ebay and dont have trouble with it. Ive only seen one person that has had trouble with it. Anyway I dont really like to use junkyard sensors sometimes its a hit or miss with them.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Now its working?...

Well I drove it a lot today. Took about 6 trips and it worked in all of them after the first few. It seems to be working now.

We'll see if it lasts.

I'm currently looking to buy an N/A mkIII (86.5-92) supra. PM if you or anyone you know is selling anywhere near CO.

Comment

dont you just love how there are some thing that you can nver find and then some times they just start working again and your like what the i have been trying to fix for a long time and i just didnt know what was wrong.

Comment

there is a wire under the dash in either a brown plug or the green one (they are both next to eachother going up to the dash) the orange wire is the spedo wire....it could of either been cut or having a bad connection. mine got disconnectd
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Thanks for the info guys my shit doesnt work either. I need to get one off ebay and see if that fixes the problem. I also have a gas issue. My car sucks gas like crazy. Any suggesiton out there on what this might be.
            Leaving the game!

Comment

So its worked about 90% of the time now. I'll check any under dash wiring, but I really just dont understand what would cause it to be so finnicky with my old sensor and a new~ish one.

At any rate there is a helpful writeup on another forum....
              http://techauto.awardspace.com/vss.html

Comment

My VSS worked on and off for quite a while before it actually died.. I bought a new one and haven't had any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by suprarx7nut
                  So its worked about 90% of the time now. I'll check any under dash wiring, but I really just dont understand what would cause it to be so finnicky with my old sensor and a new~ish one.

At any rate there is a helpful writeup on another forum....
                  http://techauto.awardspace.com/vss.html
                  cause its a "newish" one....u could of had a bad one.

i still have mine, want it?
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                    cause its a "newish" one....u could of had a bad one.

i still have mine, want it?

Possibly...

What would you want for it?

I'm just suspicious it may be more than a coincidence that I happened to get another speed sensor with the same problems...

But I don't doubt that you could be right. I just dont want to keep throwing money at speed sensors, lol.

What would they charge for shipping on that sort of thing?

BTW, sorry to hear about your car. I know it was a while back, but I just found this site a few weeks ago. I've already run into about 3 of your write-ups and they've been rather useful. THANKS!!!

Comment

omg see this is why i love this site i have 3 days searching in honda-te**.com and clubeg6.com and couldnt find ShiT come back too good old cb7tuner and in 20 mins of searching find exacly wat i was looking for dint seach here because i have a EH2 now so i thought i had no need for cb7tuner but i was WRONG ....

Comment

I purchased one from ebay for 14.95 with a lifetime warranty. Well worth the money absolutely no issues with my ebay product.

Comment

Working...
                        X