Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

studder boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

studder boxes?

do they make a studder box for our cb7 with the stock f22... just wondering any links or any advice plz go 4 it
    The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
    Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
    He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Originally posted by 91 DX
    do they make a studder box for our cb7 with the stock f22... just wondering any links or any advice plz go 4 it

you can make one work, but it will do you no good.....do you even know what a stutter box is for?

and aren't you 16, jobless and broke? but you wanna get a stutter box? don't you have an older brother who can slap you around from time to time? my little brothers did....they turned out alright
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

What is a stutter box for? (this is deev)
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

studder box is to keep you from over revving your car...

Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Comment

no i have no brothers ... but sisters lol i could take out a loan ... and it could be in the future

Comment

ever heard the dragsters that sounded like they were revving low, then all of a sudden revved high right before the launch? that's the main function of a stutter box....they can be used for lots of things and there are different variations of them, but mostly they're for improved launches, a modifiable rev limiter of sorts that will release when you want it to......not really useful on a street car or a car without gobs of power....my uncle had a syclone that was pushing 500hp and he used one at redlights for the hell of it, until he was busted, it was impounded and he lost a lot of money trying to get it back lol......he was and is a dumb fucker though.....

Comment

studder box is to keep you from over revving your car...

well, yeah but not in the way you think....there are 2 stage stutter boxes and all types of computer controlled versions, but you already have a built in rev limiter on your ecu and nowadays, a lot of stutter boxes are designed to REMOVE that and replace that with their on, but their main function is for launching as quickly as possible when drag racing......they have them for bikes (biggest market), atv's, and cars of course......not something i'd bother with until you literally can get no faster except for on your launch

Comment

lol sorry that sucks ... yea my friend drags and he has like a 69 nova and he has one that thing kicks ass!

Comment

lol sorry that sucks ... yea my friend drags and he has like a 69 nova and he has one that thing kicks ass!

it's probably got an auto tranny and a carburetor too, which are 2 things that stutter boxes help the most......before stutter boxes, those guys had nothing to keep from overrevving and they could only power brake basically.....with a stutter box, they could switch it on, get a better launch and not have to worry about overrevving as much

Comment

yea my dad use to street drag back be fore the war lol and he was like i would of gave anything to have one back then ...

Comment

i just want something to hold it back from reving to high like if you floor it when it reaches high rpms so it does the studdering sound l

Comment

So these studder boxes are mainly a big help toward manuals?
                        My Black "H"
                        AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

i just want something to hold it back from reving to high like if you floor it when it reaches high rpms so it does the studdering sound l

you're on the wrong site then.....but you can always just press the clutch and let it bounce off of the fuel cut/rev limiter........you might as well get a second car to drive when you kill this one though....

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
                            So these studder boxes are mainly a big help toward manuals?

where did you read that?

Comment

Whats the point...We alrealdy have a rev limiter in the cars unless your auto...I see this as a waste of money. you have eyes you have a tach..Common sense. Now if you didnt have tach and whatnot then yes this might be a better solution.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X