Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering Springs

Whats the difference between adjustable coilovers and lowering springs. One of my friends that owns an Eclipse, said that coilovers make your ride bounce on bumbs and springs dont. But I've seen some rides that had coilovers and they dont seem to bounce on bumbs, like my friend colby that have a hatch civic with an H22. Is it because his ride is smaller and lighter compared to our rides. Any info form you guys would be helpful
    F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
    My Member's Thread
    Arcadia Green #14

coilovers adjust springs down, where a lowering spring is set. i prefer springs do to typically having better performance out of them, but you will have other opinions that differ. i'm sure you could spend alot on a coilover suspension setup and get something nice, but every set ive seen are........junk, not to step on any toes, but just my opinion. alot of times coilovers will fit loosely in the hat of the strut and "walk" while driving, or braking at high speeds. hope this helped, just my opinion.
    if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

Im not really sure, but i think springs will ride better. ive got adjustable coilovers, so dont get my wrong. I put a little money in it and got new struts and all that, so my car isnt "bouncy" in the rear, our "bunchy". it actually rides pretty good on a well paved road. but yeah sensys01 it right, they ara kinda loosley fitting, and you can kinda feel a liite "walk" from time to time. Not to mention how ling it took to put them on.

Comment

Cheap coilovers(ebay style)= shit ride and lots of bounce
        Top dollar coilovers(OMNI ect)= awesome ride and adjustability.

Cheap springs(ebay style)= shit ride less bounce
        Top Dollar spings(Neuspeed, Eibach, Tein)= awesome ride(sometimes rough depends on what the springs are set up for) and no bounce(assuming your struts arent blown)

And of course, if you want to be able to adjust your settings with springs you could shell out money for adjustable struts like KYB AGX.

Comment

What about Megan springs. $119.95 but is that each or for all 4 springs. I'm wanting to order them from the site but not sure
          My Member's Thread
          Arcadia Green #14

Comment

For megan that sounds like for all 4 but i could be wrong.

Megan isnt too bad, its a respectable company.

I would search around the susp threads on here ....actually lol there is a thread dedicated to susp setups...hold on let me find it.

faster then google ya froogle!

Click above....like 10 pages of people rating their suspension setup....good info in their!

Comment

You can make a spring and shock combination stiff if you wanted too. IT depends on combination. Also there are places that do custom spring rates for cars so springs ride softer isnt always true. Also coil overs have dampening adjustability that allows them to ride better (some do not all) Most of the fixed ones ride pretty stiff depending on spring rate. Also ebay coil overs suck ass but people still run them.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Don't forget that you can get progressive or linear springs. Progressive springs get more stiff when you put more load on it like when you are turning. Linear springs are the same stiffness all the way around.

Comment

Why on the forum about rating suspensions, no one has megan racing. Is it that megan racing isn't good. I know the are a respectable company but is the suspension setup work good or not?
                  My Member's Thread
                  Arcadia Green #14

Comment

i have a megan racing muffler..? idk? i really like the muffler alot, but all things considered its behind 2.5 inch straight pipe! ive had it on there about 3 years and its still in great shape. my car sits like 2" off the ground so it gets plenty of abuse. sorry tho, dont know about there suspension.
                    i got tokico blue struts, and neuspeed race springs. ingalls camber kits, energy suspension sway bars and all polyeurathane suspension... love it!
                    if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

i have seen coilover on alot of cars and they are all shitty...coilovers makes the ride super bouncey if u buy the cheap ones coughebaynonamecough....wow allegies...
                      but i have installed Tein lowering Springs on an Evo and a Scion TC and i have seen great results on the product....smooth ride with no bounce...therefore, i recommend the Tein lowering springs for just about any ride...and they aren't that costly...they usually cost between $100-$200 for a full set on ebay....
                      A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Working...
                      X