Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

shift point ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its fine to take it to 6k. The auto trannies redline at 6.5k. So i'm pretty sure you'll be safe taking it up to 6k. I wouldn't really recommend going past it. I mean you won't really make more power if you rev to say 7k or 8k. So why take the chance and blow your car up? I think you make peak power somewhere around 5.5k so reving past it does not increase your power.
    my 91 cb7
    Originally posted by 4doorfury
    I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

ok so i will only take it to 5500 just to be safe and just makin power ... no way i could blow my engine there ... right
      The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
      Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
      He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by 91 DX
        ok so i will only take it to 5500 just to be safe and just makin power ... no way i could blow my engine there ... right

ummm...actually...my original engine blew and I had never revved it that high...

I say unless you have to win some very important races...regular 3000rpm shifting will extend the motor life.
        DEVOTE

Comment

ummm... i shift around 4 normally and now with the exhaust i rev shorter cause its 2 loud lol

Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Comment

if your daily driving the car. for example to and from school or to your girlfriend's house there's really no need to shift anywhere past 4k.
            my 91 cb7
            Originally posted by 4doorfury
            I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

true by the time you have reached 3500 or a lil less you are usually pushing most power anyways

Comment

actually, there is a good reason to shift around 6 grand if you are racing the car. it's where your torque band begins in the next gear. the torque band starts getting fat a little lower than where your engine hits on a shift at redline. on a 7 grand shift you will end up near 3 grand when you hit the next gear, whereas the torque band begins around 2250. you will accelerate quicker by shifting around 500-750 rpms before redline cause you will still be gaining torque in the next gear instead of starting topped out and then lose torque through the gear. I have a 92 lx sedan with a short ram, 2.25"catback/ vortex muffler and stage 1 exedy clutch and i am running low 11's and high 10's in the 8th. that's with all parts still on the car the spare tire, jack, a bigger floor jack, catback that was on the car before and a baby seat in the back. if i took out the seats and interior, and gutted the car and put cf hood trunklid and fenders and aluminum doors i could probably run low 10's high 9's. my best was a 10.9 with the car loaded down... figure around 10.7-10.5 with a better launch and all the junk out of it.
                back to do it again... no flipping of accords this time!!!

Hit me up with techy questions if i don't have an answer i can get an answer...

Comment

ur running that with an f22?

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva
                    ur running that with an f22?
                    he said 8th, not Quarter-Mile

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

get vtec. so once you go over 5k you actually see the mph goes faster up. just rev to 5500rpm. theres no point going more. i shift at 5k.
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyo032003
                        actually, there is a good reason to shift around 6 grand if you are racing the car. it's where your torque band begins in the next gear. the torque band starts getting fat a little lower than where your engine hits on a shift at redline. on a 7 grand shift you will end up near 3 grand when you hit the next gear, whereas the torque band begins around 2250. you will accelerate quicker by shifting around 500-750 rpms before redline cause you will still be gaining torque in the next gear instead of starting topped out and then lose torque through the gear. I have a 92 lx sedan with a short ram, 2.25"catback/ vortex muffler and stage 1 exedy clutch and i am running low 11's and high 10's in the 8th. that's with all parts still on the car the spare tire, jack, a bigger floor jack, catback that was on the car before and a baby seat in the back. if i took out the seats and interior, and gutted the car and put cf hood trunklid and fenders and aluminum doors i could probably run low 10's high 9's. my best was a 10.9 with the car loaded down... figure around 10.7-10.5 with a better launch and all the junk out of it.

research my friend and you'll find out theres very little torque past 5,500rpm.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

if im just cruising, i shift real early. keep it nice quiet and smooth. driving fast, ill usually shit a lil before redline
                          Driving before toke:
                          Driving after toke:

Promote friendly driving, Toke!

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

Working...
                          X