Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

?: Automatic Transmission Controller: Reprogramming Shift Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?: Automatic Transmission Controller: Reprogramming Shift Points

Does anyone know of a way to modify or reprogram the automatic transmission control unit on the f22a, to change the wot shift points on the transmission closer to the redline? It normally shifts at 6k.

Or am I left manually shifting through all my gears on my automatic transmission in order to get closer to the redline. Also is there a rev limiter installed on our engines; if so i'd like to keep it there... just in case ya know.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

I doubt it. I mean anything is possible but the extent of work that would take for you to do that you might aswell just drop in a 5spd. I'm not sure but I believe the tcu shifts with collected information from sensors in the engine and the ecu so I don't know you would have to have a lot of experience with something like this. And our engines don't have a rev limiter unless your ECU is running on limp mode and it will redline at 4k rpms at all times.

Hope this helped but I'm not really sure about the tcu question.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

There is a way, go to levelten.com and they actualy have a type of piggy back tcu control that gives you total control over your auto you can adjust shift points, torque converter lock up, and some other stuff.

Comment

http://www.levelten.com/store/import...shiftronic.htm
        Heres a link directly to the controller Good Luck

Comment

Awsomeness

Info for anyone else interested.
          It's a plug-and-play module that mounts in the cockpit and links directly with your transmission computer harness to provide manual control of up and downshifts, shift pressure and converter lockup.

Once plugged in, you have the option to go to any gear you please, up-shifting and down-shifting when you want. The Shifttronic Manual-Automatic is great for drag racers, rally drivers and anyone who wants positive trans control. The controller also offers you the option of changing how hard the trans shifts, and allows the driver to lock the torque converter on deceleration for real engine braking-like a manual shift transmission.

I bolded that section, because i believe that since our automatics don't act like this, it should be supplimented with abs in order to keep the wheels from locking up if you slam the brake pedal.

Thanks bro, i'll definately put this knowledge to good use

Rock on!

Comment

dude you made my day!!!!! i was gonna go to a 5 spd swap because i couldn't ever find things like this.... now this is the route i am going...
            i guess i need to call but is this paddle shift?
            or does it change your shifter to bounce like a slap shifter?
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Its only a module it doesnt do anything to the shifter itself. Its most likely a box module with buttons of some sort on them. Somewhat like a schaffer (sp) shifter that automatic trans people use when dyno'ing transmissions. Ive seen some of these modules used on auto wrx and crap. Its just a box that allows you to play with the trans does nothing to the shifter itself as I recall.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so it's like tuning an ecu.. you tell it what you want then it does it when driving or you can manualy tell it while driving?
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by Muff
                  so it's like tuning an ecu.. you tell it what you want then it does it when driving or you can manualy tell it while driving?
                  From what i understand it pretty much allows you to tune the tcu, like an ecu, but in regards to controlling a transmission. If you want to shift manually you still can, its just d3/d4 are complete auto, which are the gears you leave your vehicle in while driving 99% of the time, which is what this is useful for, but if your pulling off the line, you can cycle through all the gears when you want, just by throwing the shifter from 1,2,d3,d4.

Comment

i need a video
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

H22 TCU would also raise the shift points.

Comment

i just had a theory pop in my head....
                        couldn't one, take and apply the p19 tcu to the stockk f22 and like was spoken before raise the redline to 7800... would this work without swaping transmissions..
                        In my head it seams that the long f22 gears would create a lag in the motor for the f22 power band would probly fall off the chart around 7400 with large modifications... although say you were to have a f22, automatic, with the f22 tranny and the p19 tcu and turboed... now this is a verry practical solution to a higher redline on that verry long geared tranny, staying in boost a lot longer...... in my head this is all working out verry nicely... i do believe i would like to put this in practice to see the outcome
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Has anyone here used this levelten TCU contraption?
                          I'd be thrilled to hear an opinion on what it is like, what are user experiences.

HONDAMENTALISM

Comment

I would have to see this installed and running before I bought it.

Plus Deev brought a good point, the H22 TCU would raise the shift points also. (never heard/seen of this being done in a F22Ax tranny but )

interesting none the less though.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Working...
                            X