Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 cb7 overheating at idle, what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 cb7 overheating at idle, what is this?

this is a biginner type of questions so I post on beginner forum so no flaming, and no! Im not a biginner this is just one of those things that Im scratching my head about, okay my h2 cb7 is healthier as can get exept it started over heating at idle, coolant? oil? everything already checked exept for thermostat and hope to god not the water pump cuzz theres tad bid of fluid leaking of the tranny side of the motor.hmm, where the water pump is for the H22. so what do you guys think?

Bleed it properly, check your fans.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im going to go with thermostat.
      Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
      Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
      Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
      Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
      Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

like they said it might be ur fan if it is get a new fan switch, also like mentioned it may be ur thermostat. try to flush out the system,get new coolant

Comment

your fans are not turning on prolly. check fuse. might be fan relay. bleed the coolant and gettin the air out of the cooling system.

Comment

Going to say thermo too

Comment

thnks yall

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                started over heating at idle, coolant? oil? everything already checked exept for thermostat and hope to god not the water pump cuzz theres tad bid of fluid leaking of the tranny side of the motor.hmm, where the water pump is for the H22. so what do you guys think?

hold up, what?? where is it leaking at??? the water pump is NOT on the tranny side.

why dont u pressure test it and see exactly where it starts to leak. or get in there and see where it is yourself! just cuz temps rise doesnt mean its the fans.
                F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

start driving the car, if the temperature drops, but then rises at idle, it could be the pipe that runs from the water pump or the water pump itself.

i had a major break down of that pipe not too long ago in the winter. apparently it seems that the seal at the end of the pipe was "grinded off" [by my water pump? Not sure] i replaced the pipe, refilled the coolant and it worked fine thereafter.

i have an f22a4, but your h22 might have that pipe too.

Comment

id say that it could be ur thermostat being faulty and/or it could be ur fan.

if the themostat is not opening up like it should then the coolant cant get through to the upper feeder hose to the radiator to cool off...therefore, the coolant would just sit there in the thermostat housing, get hot and not go anywhere, but maybe through the gasket seal of the thermostat housing and that is why u probably see some leakage on the tranny...

if it is ur fan being faulty....have u and someone else check this out by one person inside the car(when the car is started) monitoring the temperature gauge at idle...and the other person over the engine bay watching to see if the fan will cut on from raising temperature....

but like the person said a few posts ago...ur waterpump is not on the tranny side and that goes for just about all engines... the waterpump is usually on the belt side of the engine... for h22s the waterpump is on the belt side and the termostat housing is on the tranny side...

also, check ur hoses...i had the same problem before with one of my hoses that had a small razar thin tare...

wow i typed a life story
                    A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Sounds like a heater hose might be leaking. Check your coolant level

Comment

Working...
                      X