Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wheel studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel studs

i twisted off 2 the other day cause sum1 cross thread the lugs so im driving around with only two lugs holding on my left front wheel. i tried getting the bad one out but they wouldnt clear the hub so im stuck wit that... any help on how to get them out and put new ones in???

bump

Comment

Take the hub apart punch out the old put in the new then put the hub together and reinstall.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im gonna have to take this to a machine shop right?

Comment

i'm in a similar situation bro. basically if you don't have the tools or your friends don't have access to tools you need to take it to a shop.
          hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

don't drive with only two studs! not safe!
            hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

maybe I can help. I know that there are more guys out there with the similar problem. use a hammer and bang the shit out of the studs to get them out of the hub. then with the new stud, use a grinder and grind off alot of parts off of the end (not where there are threads, the other end.) enough to where it can clear the knuckle, and then use an impact to drive a nut or something to pull in the stud. I hope that I am clear enough ( I don't think I was) good luck and ask any questions if have any.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                maybe I can help. I know that there are more guys out there with the similar problem. use a hammer and bang the shit out of the studs to get them out of the hub. then with the new stud, use a grinder and grind off alot of parts off of the end (not where there are threads, the other end.) enough to where it can clear the knuckle, and then use an impact to drive a nut or something to pull in the stud. I hope that I am clear enough ( I don't think I was) good luck and ask any questions if have any.
                This does NOT work if the hub lip is in the way...The only way this will work is if ther ewas a notch in the back where you knock out the studs to replace...Some cars have this and makes ease of install and removal easier...Another thing no grinding down studs...Its just a bolt side then a thread...Your asking for trouble. IF you have hub lip in the way you have no choice but to press the hub and crap to get to it then reinstall (unless y ou decided to grind part of it off which also is not a good idea). Pretty nice to have some nice tools around to do. you dont have to use an impact driver to pull it through if you dont have air tools you can do it with a ratchet by hand. It just takes longer but it works.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

guys i had no choice the car is my daily driver so i was even racing it on the freeway with only two studs (dumbass). thanks for your input guys but how much do you think ist gonna cost to press the hub and fit the new studs in and how long will this take the average mechanic?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                      maybe I can help. I know that there are more guys out there with the similar problem. use a hammer and bang the shit out of the studs to get them out of the hub.
                      works for REAR but not front
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                        works for REAR but not front
                        haven't tried it on a accord yet but on civics it does. just a suggestion though. anyhow, it will cost a good amount of money. how much?? it varies on who you take it to.
                        The beginning of a new era............................
                        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz
                          guys i had no choice the car is my daily driver so i was even racing it on the freeway with only two studs (dumbass). thanks for your input guys but how much do you think ist gonna cost to press the hub and fit the new studs in and how long will this take the average mechanic?
                          We did buddies Teg. He already had the knuckled pulled. And took us 10 min to install and reinstall if not even that.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

search and you shall find..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=stud

http://spyfunkr.com/accord/studrepl.htm

Comment

Working...
                            X