Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

7,000 RPM To High????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean stop? Older cars dont have that function. Newer cars do to prevent dumbasses that love to rev there motor to redline and blow them up. Plus its for retards that love to rev there motor up high when its cold thats why they install one of those rev limiters that hover around 3-5k depending on manufacturer.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
      with such mileage , i wouldn't bring it to that rpm range.
      I have hit redline on a 200k+ motor, no problems. once in a while.
      1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
      ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
      OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

This guy is asking about 7000rpms because of a mis-shift, not because he wants to rev the engine that high on a daily basis.

Reading > some cb7tuner members

7000 isnt toooo bad. you should be ok.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I have seen stock F22's hit 7K more than once, and NOTHING has EVER happened.

They are very overbuilt.

But don't make a habit of it as your results may vary.

Your engine is just fine. If it had caused a problem, you would already know it.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
            only dsm can abuse their motors like that
            Ignorant and false statement.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              Ignorant and false statement.
              As well as a totally needless statement... the DSM is barely a part of the story, and there is no evidence of that car even getting abused.

The F22A can rev higher than the stock redline. Just over 100,000 miles is quite young, especially if the motor was maintained. The only thing you'd need to worry about was valve-to-piston contact (thankfully, the valvesprings seem to hold up well over the years, and aren't affected by any sort of neglect). If the car idles fine, and there's no difference in the way it drives, you're absolutely fine. If you hit a valve, you'd know it.

Aside from smashing a valve, the only other real threat is a spun bearing... again, you'd know.

I mis-shifted once the exact same way (racing an srt-4). I think I threw my valves out of spec, but I was lucky and didn't damage anything. owequitit mis-shifted and did damage... he has since replaced the entire head. cp[mike] also had it happen to him, as did accordtunerx, the founder of this site...

Mis-shifting isn't uncommon. You backed off quick, and that is probably what saved your motor from damage. I've put about 120,000 miles on my car, and I mis-shifted for the first time with just about 100,000 (not the car, but MY miles with it). Always be prepared... you are never too experienced to make a mistake!

Also, my 94 H22 with the stock p13 wouldn't go past 6500, and wouldn't hit VTEC in neutral (obvious... since VTEC makes it an interference motor)

Comment

awww fuck it, your fine man. I drive about 60 miles a day and everyshift was at 7k on my f22a4 with A6 head and h23 IM. I shifted that shit at 7k everytime in first and second hell sometimes 3rd and 4th too. It lasted little over 3 weeks before it snapped a rod and spun some bearings.
                vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

anyone know what the Redline RPM is for the JDM F20A SOHC engine. I was told it is slightly higher than the F22A? can anyone confirm this

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #42

Member's ride page

Comment

Working...
                  X