Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suspension Problem/dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension Problem/dilemma

Hey guys I got a problem and a dilemma and I would like to see what you guys would think which would be best?. I lowered my car a month ago got KYB GR-2 struts and H&R Sport spring (1.8F/1.5R). And now my car rubs on the front fenders when I turn a corner above 45MPH. Im a big guy, and I know I lower the car more, but when me and my buddy get in it, forget it. Im basically a grandma on corners. My rears are perfect but the fronts are horrible. so which setups would keep my car lowered and I wont rub no more:

1. 215/40 Tires with Eibach Springs (1.2F/1.0R)

2. Keep my Tires 215/45 And H&R OE Sport (.75 F&R)

Forgot to mention, I dont have the funds for new shocks so those im stuck with, as well as im on 17"rims. I dont know the offset and i couldnt find it on the inside of the rim, but they came off a 99' Accord, and they where 300 bucks so couldnt complain. Anything would help. (if you neeed a pic of the wheel gap let me know ill post them)
    The look I get Comming out of my CB7

i would say to get some adjustable coilovers, thats a cheap way to fix it.

Comment

Are you sure everything was installed properly? Sounds to me like maybe something was put on wrong or your camber is REALLY off.. With that small of a drop I wouldnt think you would have any rub.. I am running Tein S techs which is about an inch more then your setup and I have no problems, although mine isnt fully settled and I only weigh 120lbs. How many fingers can you fit between the top of the tire and the fender with no one in the car? Later

Comment

I can fit one finger in the front if i lift it slightly, And the car does have camberkits , and the alignment is set to factory. And as for the coilovers. I went that route before i loved the handeling but i didnt like the ride qualitly that much. Plus not to mention, I was on stock rims and tires and at that time.

Comment

The simple solution is roll the fender.there is about a inch lip on the inside that might be rubbing... 1 finger gap is very strange for that small a drop. Im on neuspeed sports and i dont have that little a gap.

I ended up rubbing in the rear not the front.. where is the actual rubbing happening? go to a parking lot and crank the wheels and speed up tell you start rubbing, hold it for a couple seconds and get out and feel the tire and fender and see where its actualy rubbing...

Again you could probly just roll the fender in on the inside... there is always a chance that your just rubbing on the upper splash sheilds. Then the fix is remove or trim them up.
          I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
            did you install a camber kit when you installed the springs? you shouldn't be rubbing on that small of a drop. I'm quite a bit lower than that and i never rub.
            x2 as you can see my car sits pretty low and i have never rubbed with me (160 lbs) and 4 full grown men (200+ ea), however its a tighter fit then a xxx gal in a small shirt and skirt.

Comment

how old are the gr2's?...you maybe have negative camber wear, my car rubbed too but that was when my shocks where goin bad....

Vouches:accord93racer, 93twodoorLX(twice), kmart64, deevergote, 92cord, Datmofo, DarkShadow707,slammed4thgen
              Old MR Thread

1996 Prelude SE- Project
              1996 Lexus SC300-Daily

Comment

Originally posted by 93 cb7 ex
                how old are the gr2's?...you maybe have negative camber wear, my car rubbed too but that was when my shocks where goin bad....
                Thats the thing i have no negative camber wear on my tires that i can tell with a ruler. The GR2's are new, I did the camber kit the springs as well. and got it aligned the next day. Its been now a month since everything has been put on the car.

Comment

I rubbed with 215/17/40 on H&R Sports and KYB AGX. The wheels are 42 offset. It just wore away the splash guard where it rubbed, and then it was fine With wheels that wide, it's normal. Your options are to raise the car, get skinnier wheels and tires, remove the plastic splash shields (which would probably increase noise and drag), or just take turns a bit wider.

Do you knock on the fenderwell with 0 camber? I did, as have many others... leaving about 1 degree of negative camber usually fixes that.

Comment

215's :o
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you knock on the fenderwell with 0 camber? I did, as have many others... leaving about 1 degree of negative camber usually fixes that.
                      Ya I knock hard on huge things or a corner at 45mph. but thats about it

Comment

camber??

i got a camber kit for cb7 and droped my car but it seems like the camber kit dosent work?. any ideas oh yeah and my tires are still wearing out on the inside
                        why is that. im running a 205/60 on 15 in. sport max

oh yeah would it be wise to go with a falken azenis 205/50 on a 15. being that this is the only tire size in that make for that rim.

it's a good gripy tire
                        My 92 accord

Comment

Working...
                        X