Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP! car isnt starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! car isnt starting

car isnt starting... help!!.....im stumped

list of things i know r good: coil, plug wires, plugs, battery, main relay, starter, igntion, ECU
    white 92 ACCORD 4 door ----- dead and gone
    tytianum grey 02 ECLIPSE GT- alive and well

ok symptoms?

does it click, or does it crank but not start? also how do you know these things are good... the more information the more we can help
    ]

Comment

Check the fuse under your hood numbered "80A" that controls ignition, lighting, etc...
      My Black "H"
      AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

i have eather tested or replaced all the parts i listed...

itll crank all day till the battery is dead...

ill check the fuse..

Comment

check the main reley. Easy way to check is when you turn the key to on you should hear a "click" from under the left side of the dash in about 5 sec. To check the fuel pump, using a piece of hose listen for it to come on when someone turn the key. No sound, try tapping on the tank, if the pump comes on = bad pump (this doesn't not always work).

Comment

bro more than likely its gonna be the main realy not a big deal 2 fix if u no how 2 solder just a pita 2 get 2 happened 2 me when i had my CB once i resolder the realy it turned on every time

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
            If God is for Me
            Who Dares be aganist Me!
            BX Crew
            HSHO # 6
            Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

ok so how u know if the relay is bad? cuz i can feel the relay clicking... i unbolted it and hold it in my hand when i crank the car... i feel i click on for the gas pump when i turn the ignition on and when i crank the car i feel it clicking..

Comment

open the realy look at the solders check 4 wear is u see any just resolder them

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
                If God is for Me
                Who Dares be aganist Me!
                BX Crew
                HSHO # 6
                Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

Go back to the basics...

you need four things to start the car...

Air, fuel, spark, compression.

figure out which one you dont have. Ill give you a hint, i bet you have air.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

if that clicking then go to the next item. Now listen for the fuel pump to come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                      Go back to the basics...

you need four things to start the car...

Air, fuel, spark, compression.

figure out which one you dont have. Ill give you a hint, i bet you have air.
                      x2 yeh it kinda sounds like u dont have fuel... lol
                      ]

Comment

i got fuel... i hear the pump kick on and then if i press the gass a few times while cranking the car, when i go back to the engin bay i can smell fuel... and i dont see it leaking anywhere... so im still stumped

Comment

Are you sure that you have spark? Hitting the gas will not do anything since the car is not carberated. If you have all these then the only other thing is timing.

Comment

how do i check the timing?? i dont think the timing is mesed up cause i was driving when it shut off.... and my timing belt isnt broke so.... it has to be spark... how do i find the bad section in the ignition.... plugs and wires are fairly new, replaced a few months ago.. coil is BRAND NEW... battery is still good... so now what do i check...and how di i check it?? i dont know alot about motors yet.. so im still stumped i just know how they run, not what all can make them shut off it it goes bad

Comment

You need to see if you have spark. Start at the plug and work your way back is the easiest way. The timing belt doesn't have to be broke to throw the timing off.

Comment

Working...
                              X