Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suspension & front lip help n opinion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension & front lip help n opinion!

Suspension
    soo about 3 months ago i bought Tein S-tech lowering springs and i gave it about 3 months soo far to settle in...and its low...but i dont like the fact that theirs still like a 3 finger gap. i was planning on buying coilovers but its way out of my budget. Then i saw the tenzo adjustable coilovers and i was wondering if i would be able to get my car even lower with those. i was thinking about getting them since their pritty cheap but if anyone has any opinions on how i could lower my car with out any gap and 4 a low budget that would be great.

Front Lip
    I wanna get a lip for my cb7 but im not sure which year im suppose to get since they dont really have any for the 92's any1 got any suggestions on wut year Lip im suppose to get?

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

are you still running stock wheels? i suggest you get a rim and tire combo (make sure its the right size with the rim and tire calculator) then take a look at your gap.

also do you have new struts?? i would look into getting those before anything

you can put a CD5 lip (94-97 accord) on your car. or a 92 ex, an integra type R lip, or a mugen lip. there are others but thats what comes to mind, just search for lips and you will see all the different ones.
    ]

Comment

As for the suspension if you're trying to get really low you could look into sprint extremes which is a 3in drop with like no wheel gap.

As for the lip i recently got the accord type r lip which is for the 94+. I had to do some custom rigging to make it fit but i think it looks nice. You can look at my members ride page to get a better look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
        As for the suspension if you're trying to get really low you could look into sprint extremes which is a 3in drop with like no wheel gap.

i have sprint extremes for sale PM me if u want them.
        ]

Comment

How much for the Sprint extremes? I tried to PM you but your box is full. I have the same 3 finger gap dissapoint ment, running on Apex lowering springs.
          THE BIRTH OF A BEAST

Comment

suspension: if youre looking for a cheap set of coilovers, then you're out of luck. a true coilover system is much more expensive than just the sleeves. if youre looking for a fairly cheap setup, then i suggest either Tein Basics or Ground Control Coilovers. both of these are around $750 - 800 range brand new but you could probably find them cheaper than that like on here or something.

front lip: there are many different applications for the cb7. you just have to know what they look like i guess. check this link out. it'll tell you everything you need to know:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5360
            Originally posted by deevergote.
            And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
              if youre looking for a fairly cheap setup, then i suggest either Tein Basics or Ground Control Coilovers. both of these are around $750 - 800 range brand new but you could probably find them cheaper than that like on here or something.
              Or you could take that same amount of money (750 to be exact) and buy a set of Function and Form Type II coilovers. They're about the best you can get and you are also supporting a fellow cb7tuner

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76939

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

if i was to buy some cheapy ebay coilovers... what all problems r their with them?
                white 92 ACCORD 4 door ----- dead and gone
                tytianum grey 02 ECLIPSE GT- alive and well

Comment

Originally posted by OCR
                  if i was to buy some cheapy ebay coilovers... what all problems r their with them?
                  They may have manufacturing defects. They could (more like will) ride very crappy. And don't expect them to last for very long, more than likely they'll blow after a while

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Dont ever , I mean dont ever ever ever buy those EGAY crap coilcovers. They give you PITA problems. Tockiko blues are the best bang for the buck shocks if your going for a good drop.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

what about those omni power slip over coilovers? dose any1 know if those are good. or the tenzo coilovers?

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

Comment

theres tons of different suspension combos that will give you what you want,
                        but as for the lip, get one from a 94-97 accord.
                        like mine!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7FoME
                          what about those omni power slip over coilovers? dose any1 know if those are good. or the tenzo coilovers?
                          I thought omnipower only made full coilovers...

Regardless, get quality. When you cheap out on your suspension, you run into problems that will get expensive later on.

For example... Get good springs, struts, and a camber kit. Install. Get an alignment. Wait until it settles. Get another alignment. With good stuff, you're done. Good to go. With crap springs, they will sag eventually... and unless you like buying tires, another alignment would be in order. And another...

Coilovers are nice, but I'd be tempted to play with them too much... Every time you change something, you should get an alignment. Not that everyone DOES, but it's best (hell, I put my H&R Race springs on and never got aligned... granted, my tires are just about done)

Comment

ohh and i have a legend front lip for sale too PM me.
                            ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                              ohh and i have a legend front lip for sale too PM me.
                              legend lip FTW! it has to be from a coupe though
                              The beginning of a new era............................
                              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                              X