Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tell me what you thimk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tell me what you thimk....

i just finally finished swaping my automatic transmission to a 5-speed....my next plan is to buy a h22.....do can i use the 5-speed from an accord for that engine or do i need a diffrent one?

Originally posted by Accord-vtec
    i just finally finished swaping my automatic transmission to a 5-speed....my next plan is to buy a h22.....do can i use the 5-speed from an accord for that engine or do i need a diffrent one?
    first off, congrats on doing the 5 speed swap man! to answer your question, you can use either transmission. it all depends what you plan on doing with the car.

if you use the Accord tranny (forgot code) with the H22, it works fine but it has taller gears which means you stay in each of the gears a little bit longer. this can be very beneficial in a turbo setup though.

but if you use the Prelude Tranny (forgot both), the gears are shorter and you can get through them a bit quicker.

hope that helps a bit. so yes, you could use both. but like i said, whatever your plans are, decide ACCORDingly.
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

mike, if you use the stock 5spd from the accord is it nessescary to upgrade the trans.? like flywheel..etc..?
      Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
      Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
      Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
      Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
      Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

thanx for the help man.....ill tell u thogh it was a bit pain in the ass converting the trany

Comment

if ur gettin a h22, i suggest gettin a h22 trans with lsd if you want faster acceleration

f22 will bolt up though

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
            if ur gettin a h22, i suggest gettin a h22 trans with lsd if you want faster acceleration

f22 will bolt up though
            dam man....i want my cb ending up lookin like urs....congrats man

Comment

You can go either way as previously said...91 EX-R said it well.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Accord vtech- Do you have any pics of your tranny swap. Im thikng about doing one too.

Comment

I believe cp[mike] did a fairly in-depth walk-through... he's done it a million times.

Comment

Working...
                  X