Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car Driving Funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Driving Funny

I Was Running 92 For A While An Like A Week Ago I Let My Gf Drive My Car An She Put 87 In It I Dont Kno If It Was That Or If Its Something Else But Now When I Roll On The Gas Real Hard The Car Will Jerk An Bog Down Like Its Choking I Changed The Fuel Filter Recently But I Really Dont Kno What It Is Can Somebody Help
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Anybody Cause I Would Really Like To Find Out What It Is
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Posting this in the technical forum, rather than appearance, may get you more responses. I'll be nice and move it for you.

There is no need to use all capital letters. That will cause people to ignore you for being rude. As you can see, the forum turns all but the first letter to lowercase anyway... and then it just looks stupid.

As for your car... what do you have to require higher octane gas? (where is there 92? I know of 93 and 91...) Do you have a high compression motor? Turbo? Supercharger? If not, the high octane does nothing. It may even cause damage. 87 is what the stock Accord engines are designed for, and that is all you need to put in them until you do something drastic.

Comment

once the car is running, never run it again on anything about 87. once in like 10-15k run like 1/4 of a tank of 93 to clean up the motor for any dirty particals in the motor. but seriously with over 5 months of running higher octane, my accord still drives the same on 87 and 91-92. so even if you have money, run only 87 until you start building.

btw and please drop the caps. its annoying reading it.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

well i mean 91 then but besides that i ran it in every cb i had an never had problems cause it didnt start doin it till 87 was put in the tank
          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

what exactly is your definition of funny...?

Comment

yea i got 93 in there right now to do everything you just said but what do you think can be causing my car to bog down
              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by trcsbrian
                what exactly is your definition of funny...?

funny = rough
                miss my turbo cb7

Comment

i pull out hit the gas an the car will hesitate then around 30-35 the car will bog down an start to jerk as if its choking
                  UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                    yea i got 93 in there right now to do everything you just said but what do you think can be causing my car to bog down
                    well since you been running 91 for a while the chemicals in the 91 are different than 87. you car just has to adjust back to the 87. after you run 93, if theres a sonoco or citgo and full up on like 10 bucks. and see how it runs. anything other than those their gas usually sucks.
                    miss my turbo cb7

Comment

How can 93 octane be bad for the car?
                      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

rough yea funny was the only word i could come up with
                        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                          How can 93 octane be bad for the car?
                          93 aint bad. if you run 87 once then 93 and back to 87, the car will drive funny. 93 is more richer gas then 87. bacically i call it carburator cleaner, cus it cleans nice and the motor runs good on it.
                          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

my mother runs 93 in her 97 an aint had no problems i think my girl got the gas from some cheap run down gas station in the woods lol
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

will it hurt the motor ? switching fuels like that
                              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Working...
                              X