Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Delta Regrind on Practically Stock F22A6 car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanx for that info man. ill be sure to run it hard in a couple of days. i need to. i would take it down to the track but i know i would fail tech inspection due to the oil leaks i have. i think its the crank shaft seal.

anyways. ill look into getting that h22 TCU. never thought about getting one of those. i always thought that youd have to get the tranny also b/c they were geared differently.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
      owequitit:
      - but how was it that you made your auto tranny shift at 6.8k - 7k rpms though?

By manually putting it in gear, and then clicking it to the next gear at 6.8K.

If I let it shift all by itself, it shifted at 6300.

When it was stock, it shifted at 5700-5800.

With I/H/E it still shifted at 5700-5800.

With H/E and the A6 manifold/PT6 ECU, it would shift about 5900-6000.

With H/E/A6 manifold/A6 camshaft/PT6 ECU it still shifted about 6000-6100.

When I put the H series plenum on, it started shifting at 6300.

I think Honda programs the ECU to command an auto tranny shift when power starts to fall off.

Since power wasn't falling off as badly, it was shifting later.

It wasn't the TCU, because the TCU was original, and the same, the entire time I had it in the car.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

so i take it once i change the IM, plenum, headers, and exhaust itll shift at a higher RPM? so whats better: get the h22 TCU or the parts listed above? or both? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          so i take it once i change the IM, plenum, headers, and exhaust itll shift at a higher RPM? so whats better: get the h22 TCU or the parts listed above? or both? lol
          I would get the H23 TCU if it were me. Unless you have everything ready to rev to 7000 RPM or so. Plus, you will have to find a JDM TCU, because there is no OBD-1 H22 TCU from the US.

Comment

see cause right now i'm running a DOHC F22B head milled and the stock pt6 w/ stock tcu and it still redlines the same even when manually shifted....

that's why i was wondering what'd you do to increase the redline

i was thinking maybe when i get the chipped ecu working correctly, i can set the rev limiter a LITTLE higher and see what happens....

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

deev what do you mean about using all OEM parts on the block ?

Comment

btw what do you think a F23 could be wound up to with out spinning a rod bearing.

Comment

see cause right now i'm running a DOHC F22B head milled and the stock pt6 w/ stock tcu and it still redlines the same even when manually shifted....

that's why i was wondering what'd you do to increase the redline

i was thinking maybe when i get the chipped ecu working correctly, i can set the rev limiter a LITTLE higher and see what happens....

The rev limit is controlled by the ECU. You are going to want a P14, or a chipped and tuned ECU.

The rev limit controls how high the engine can rev, and the TCU control when the tranny shifts based on signals being received from the ECU.

So if it is hitting the rev limit, then you need the ECU. If it is shifting earlier than the rev limit, then you need the TCU.

Based on what you have said, I would guess you are bouncing off the rev limit.

Comment

ok so why would a 272 be ideal for the auto ? 272 refers to how high the power band is right ? So if I had a F23 @ max it would only spin to 7.5 and thats being crazy.

Comment

read back in the thread, it says NOTHING about the 272 being for auto

and yes, it bounces off the rev limit

i just changed my tranny fluid today and NO metal shavings AT ALL

My Ride thread
                      Flickr
                      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1

or get a 5speed swap and shift where u like

u know u want it terence!!!
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

read back in the thread, it says NOTHING about the 272 being for auto

and yes, it bounces off the rev limit

i just changed my tranny fluid today and NO metal shavings AT ALL

If it is bouncing off the rev limit, then a new TCU isn't going to solve that.

Comment

i was wondering, does any1 have any vid/sound clips of their/a CB7 with a 260 regrind? even a detailed description would do

My Ride thread
                            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                              or get a 5speed swap and shift where u like

u know u want it terence!!!

lmao. sike. maryland traffic is too freakin bad for a 5spd. lol. plus i get on the highway alot and i dont want to worry about the clutch and all that crap. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                                The 260 will have a stock Idle
                                The 272 will have a loopy idle
                                The 282 Will barely idle at 1k rpm, you will have to set your idle at 1500.

The 282 does dont clear the oil valley in the F22 head.

The 272 emphaise on the top end power more, and the 260 are for mid-range. The 282 is for racing basically.

It's best to pair any cam upgrade with a tuned ECU.

But it depends on what you want to do with the car that decides on the cam you choose.
                                gona bump this

282 clears the f22a head perfectly. I'm running one.

I idle SOLID at 1k.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X