Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Delta Regrind on Practically Stock F22A6 car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta Regrind on Practically Stock F22A6 car?

Would a Delta regrind yield any gains or cause any problems with a F22A6 stock car with an intake? I read how some guy took an 272 regrind and installed it in his practically stock F22A6 without any idle problems and such.

Anyone have any experience?
    Last edited by KINGPIN33; 06-17-2007, 12:25 AM.

delta regrinds, depending on which u get (262, 272, 282) yield around 20 hp maximum gain (on the 282)

however, the 282 is killer on ur valves

a 272 will give u around 10-15 hp gain, and wont be as hard on your valves.

hope i helped.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
      delta regrinds, depending on which u get (262, 272, 282) yield around 20 hp maximum gain (on the 282)

hope i helped.

X2
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

best believe you're gonna be looking into a chipped ECU

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
        My Ride thread
        Flickr
        Originally posted by d112crzy
        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
        All I gotta really say is:
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
          best believe you're gonna be looking into a chipped ECU
          lol yeah that wouldnt hurt
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

So the 10-15hp gain is the improvement I would see from an A6 cam to a 272? The reason I ask this, is because when I see people posting the HP increases here on CB7tuner forum, they post 10hp to 20hp, but it depends which cam they are upgrading from(A1, A4, A6).

I'm just wondering if its worth it to upgrade from A6 cam to a 272 grind.

Did you guys upgrade from an A6 cam to a delta 272 regrind? Did you notice much difference?

Thanks

Originally posted by turbomaxx

hope i helped.

Comment

im not 100% positive, but i believe u see about the same gains from each camshaft.

search it, you never know what u may find.

oh and to answer your other question, i think its definatly worth it to get a 272

Comment

The 260 will have a stock Idle
                The 272 will have a loopy idle
                The 282 Will barely idle at 1k rpm, you will have to set your idle at 1500.

The 282 does dont clear the oil valley in the F22 head.

The 272 emphaise on the top end power more, and the 260 are for mid-range. The 282 is for racing basically.

It's best to pair any cam upgrade with a tuned ECU.

But it depends on what you want to do with the car that decides on the cam you choose.

Comment

i wanna have about 200 to the wheels on my f22a1 i got all the bolt ons already accept for underdrive pulley and such.. i was wondering wat kind of delta should i get ?? and by getting the delts and a 5 angle valve job and chipped p28 with a aem cam gear would that put me p there?? i wanna know please

Comment

Originally posted by f20bracer
                    i wanna have about 200 to the wheels on my f22a1 i got all the bolt ons already accept for underdrive pulley and such.. i was wondering wat kind of delta should i get ?? and by getting the delts and a 5 angle valve job and chipped p28 with a aem cam gear would that put me p there?? i wanna know please

whoa whoa whoa lol

a 200 hp f22 is gonna need more than bolt ons and a delta.

your gonna need boost, nos, or one hell of a build.

in all honesty a nice i/h/e (thats intake/header/exhaust) setup will only truely give you around a 30 hp maximum increase, and thats if u get top of the line everything.

that + a 282= roughly 40 extra hp.

say your accord has 110 before (i know i know, its 120 or 140 from the factory, right? but that goes down over time. that was 17 years ago lol)

so ur still only looking at MAYBE 140 or 150 hp...

see the dilemma?

Comment

yeah i get u guy thanx.. how about going with a single vtec head?? since i dont have the time and money to waist on a h22 head then how about a f22b1 head? and then adding a h23 intake manifold.. oh wait can that be done or do i a h22? and last how about the god old sr=traight swap for a h23 ? is it hard to do and wats beter off doin that or changing my head to a h22? thanx for the help im knew to accord always done civics jeje

Comment

I should put this in my sig: single cam vtec sucks. The f22a head is considerably better. Don't be suckered by the VTEC.

Read Hondafan81's "red project" thread. That car has considerable work done to it, and is making about 145whp... It's his "mild" project, as he's shooting for 250whp with the white car he has... but still, that red one only makes 145 and it's heavily modified (and practically brand new... cisco is anal! ) 145whp is about 170 at the crank. Either way, you're going to need to surpass his setup to reach 200.

Also, for the cams... 272 is best for 5 speed, and 260 is best for auto. Also check out www.bisimoto.com for some camshafts as well. Bisi knows the F22A better than anyone.

Comment

can i ask what's wrong with putting a 272 on an auto? i was planning on getting it...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                          My Ride thread
                          Flickr
                          Originally posted by d112crzy
                          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                          All I gotta really say is:
                          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                            can i ask what's wrong with putting a 272 on an auto? i was planning on getting it...

nothing to my knowledge, but keep in mind, thats adding a noticeable amount of power to a auto trans thats famous for being weak. add to much power, and ull break your transmission. i think it would be wise to invest in a 5 speed swap first.

Comment

I'm not sure if these Honda's have a factory tranny cooler, but would upgrading its size help cool it down for increased power levels?

Deveergote, for going from an A6 cam to a 260 grind. Will I notice any gains at all? I am thinking of just slapping in an 272 grind in place of my A6 cam, but the 10+hp added stress to the auto tranny will destroy it?

Comment

Working...
                              X