Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i need more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need more power

i thought of changing the head or shaving them what should i do what head would be better for my f22?

Originally posted by detok
    i thought of changing the head or shaving them what should i do what head would be better for my f22?
    .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
      LOL!

My 1991 Accord DX

Comment

Red Bull gives you wings

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
        My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Why not turbo it?
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

h22 headswap, turbo, nitrous.

build it.

red bull and energy bars

do you have the 3 basic bolt ons?
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

sorry i would never nitrous my car thats for peiople who cant race but an h22 head swap over shaving the heads?

Comment

You only have one head. It's an I4.

The F22A head flows better than the H22 head (I've said this about 12 times in the past week... searching will get you MANY answers)
                The H22 head on the F22A block won't get you considerable power. The F22 has 8.8:1 compression, which is considerably lower than the H22's compression (JDM is 10.6:1, USDM is 10.0:1). The F22 bottom end, while SUPPOSEDLY able to rev safely to the H22's redline, would still be asking for trouble...

As for "shaving" the head... I assume you mean milling to increase compression. That will work, but it won't give you a huge gain. As you bring the valves closer to the pistons, you run the risk of a collision. This can be done in moderation with other headwork, but be sure you have the proper components to handle it. If you mill the head, rev to redline, and float a valve just a little, it's going to get in a scuffle with a piston...

If you want an H22, buy an H22. If you want to improve the F22, the F22A head is the best F series head out there. Check www.bisimoto.com for the best F22A parts you can buy.

Comment

If you want a quick noticable gain then boost it. There a few people in here that have done the boost and it has worked good for them. You could go with the dsm setupp and it would be under a grand. go under accord vs gt and you will see what I mean.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                  PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

When it comes to turbo, very often the long term reliability of your engine is directly proportional to the amount of money you spend. Smart shopping, tuning, and building can help, but even the best plans can go wrong using crappy parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X