Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

electrial issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrial issues?

so, i went out and tryed to start my car the other day and it wouldnt start. it would click when i turned the key and thats it. i checked the battery, and alt, and cleaned and checked all my grounds. fuses were good as well. i know its not the starter because it will jump start. does any one know whats going on?
    thanks

Take a DVOM to the battery to double check. What voltage were you getting? or did you take it to a parts store to check. When it cranked up did you leave it running since you had it sitting for a while to charge the battery?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Take a DVOM to the battery to double check. What voltage were you getting? or did you take it to a parts store to check. When it cranked up did you leave it running since you had it sitting for a while to charge the battery?
      i took it to schucks to get it checked, im not sure what a DVOM is so i dont know if i have one, and yes i left it running for about 20 mins just to make sure.

Comment

So basically they put a load test on it and said it was ok huh? Hmm any dimming of the headlights or anything when your running? DVOM is basically just a volt-ohm meter. Normally a volt meter would just suffice as long as it reads DC current. It wouldnt start back up when you turned it off?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          So basically they put a load test on it and said it was ok huh? Hmm any dimming of the headlights or anything when your running? DVOM is basically just a volt-ohm meter. Normally a volt meter would just suffice as long as it reads DC current. It wouldnt start back up when you turned it off?
          not while it was running, however my stereo kept cutting out while i was driving.

Comment

Hey
            Same deal on mine. It can be jumped, but will just click when tried on its own. If you put on the brakes it will shutoff the radio momentarily and dim the lights. I thought it was the starter (havent replaced it yet) but could be electrical. I did replace both neg and pos cables, im gonna check the fuse box again, fuses looked good, but maybe its the wiring. Anyone HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by niemo435
              Hey
              Same deal on mine. It can be jumped, but will just click when tried on its own. If you put on the brakes it will shutoff the radio momentarily and dim the lights. I thought it was the starter (havent replaced it yet) but could be electrical. I did replace both neg and pos cables, im gonna check the fuse box again, fuses looked good, but maybe its the wiring. Anyone HELP!
              ahh yes time to resolve this!!! .. it's happening to me as well.
              -:¦:-
              Originally posted by wed3k
              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

If you know you have good batt voltage and when you start starter decides not to work....thats your starter. You can try the screwdriver by jumping the two leads that will let you know it is the starter. If you can tap it and it starts it is the starter. The solenoid inside is no good or the points where it makes contact is wore out. Which can cause no start or take long as hell to start or in most cases just a click.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X