Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question bout lowering my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question bout lowering my car

i got some kyb and generic adjustable springs and the spring dont come with instructions so any one know of a tread or a pictur of how to put them on cuz i put them on but dont know if i did it right
    my whipp

PIctures of what you bought would help people.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i just need to know hat this bag full of rubber things are for an wher do they go there is a big one that i think that go in the rear but not sur also have little ones ..... rubber washers then dose the adjustable base go on th top and how far should it go and should there be any rubber bushing in between the spring and the adjuster LET ME KNOW PLEASE I NEED HELP
      my whipp

Comment

Like Nail said please post some pics of the suspension parts, that way we could help you faster.

Comment

They are rubber rings correct? They are different sizes for different girths of shock. Find the rings that fit your shock and position 2 on each shock to the point that when you place the sleeve (the thing with the adjuster rings on it) over the shock there is a rubber ring at the inner bottom of the sleeve and also one at the top of the inner part of the sleeve. Make sure the sleeve is all the way down to the shock cup. I think that answers your question and I would think the rest is straight forward.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Ok But The BigRUBBER BUSHING GOES On the Rear OR AM I WRONG
            my whipp

Comment

I WOULD take pics put my camera is shity
              my whipp

Comment

Alright, it's shitty. Big deal, take pictures.

You help us out, we'll help you out, know what I'm sayin bro?

Comment

Not sure what big rubber bushing you are talking about. I just know you need to find the correct size rings that allow the sleeve to fit over the shock and it fit snug where the sleeve isn't moving anywhere once it is on the shock. You do this for all 4 shocks. You are welcome to put more than just 2 rings on each if you feel the rings are small and will break or wear out quickly over time.
                  "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

put the ring inside of the sleeve if im not mistaken right and they come with these little things with allen wrench thing to go in the sleeve and the big bushings are only two of them
                    my whipp

Comment

Working...
                    X