Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I want to go further

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to go further

I have finally have my Basic Bolt-ons and I would now like to start going further.

I have heard cam gears are a good way to go but it seems to be that's starting to get to advance for me? I think pulley is what might be next. What is the next best place to head towards after I/H/E and weight reduction?

Eventually, I'll build a block and all that.

I should be getting an optima battery soon(battery of choice, correct?). I want to get in and clean a little bit. I'm having trouble getting the bolts off my EGR and ICV and etc.

After that cleaning though, what should I staart? I'm always reading, this is my 3 hour on this site, I've been trying to understand ECU's and tuning right now and I just read a thread on a build. It's so confusing. In other words, I can take my car now that it has I/H/E and get it tuned but when you buy a chipped P06 or good ECU it's easier and a better ECU? or you HAVe to chip your stock ecu first in order to tune. Any good reputable tuner shops in orlando?
    Last edited by 407accord; 06-01-2007, 01:46 AM.
    No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

I'd go with a cam from an A6, H22/23 plenum with A6 runners, PT6 ECU, H22/23 throttle body and see how you like it. You WILL notice a big difference.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Throttle body. How hard of a job is that?

What about an intake manifold?
      No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Originally posted by 407accord
        Throttle body. How hard of a job is that?

What about an intake manifold?
        That is basically what I described above. All bolt ons and OEM Honda!!! Search the DIY forums and you shall find the above mods.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Really not hard its removing/puttin on would be hardest I guess? Its pretty straightforward. Obviously the tb is a lot less work than the IM. IM just has more bolts.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
            I'd go with a cam from an A6, H22/23 plenum with A6 runners, PT6 ECU, H22/23 throttle body and see how you like it. You WILL notice a big difference.
            about how much? I might notice it but is it there, I'm looking to add actual horsepower.
            No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

h23 intake manifold
              272 cam
              contact wikked he lives in o-town he can tune

im starting to learn how to tune as well

75 shot of nitrous

should put you well into the 14's
              ]

Comment

Where can I pick up H22/23 stuff? and what's a plenum?
                No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

tb is easy man 20 min job at most

i can take mine off and put it back on in like 10 mins

I also have a f22a6 cam ill sell or trade ya if you want it

Comment

Originally posted by 407accord
                    about how much? I might notice it but is it there, I'm looking to add actual horsepower.
                    No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

well if you do the a6 lower intake manifold h23a upper and a6 cam probably 10hp

its worth it

if you pick up a spare cam and send it to delta to get reground ($90) thats another 10hp or so roughly

I got a spare cam if you want it that way your car wouldnt be camless the whole time its getting reground

Comment

So when people say Delta 272 regrind that's taking your regular cams and getting a regrind? what's a regrind? and can't you just buy a cam gear off delta already done?
                        No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

its not a ca gear its the cam itself no you cant delta does a regrind service meaning you send them a cam they add metal onto it and grind it to have bigger lobes making more power

you send them a cam and 90 dollars (I think thats what it is) they regrind it send it back then you install it

Comment

where do you guys usually get the cams and h22 intake plenum? junkyards? and also is it a straight bolt-on?

THIS CAR DOES NOT BELONG TO ME SO STOP GIVING ME COMPLIMENTS!! although it is quite nice....

Vehicular Lunacy At Its Finest

Comment

first off h22 shit doesnt fit anything but h22 shit.

second a plenum is the same thing as an intake mani, ive heard it referred to as the lower part of the intake manifold, and intake mani comes in two parts.

top and bottom, the top on the f22a6 has dual runners i believe, the h23 intake mani is a great mod.

you can get them from ebay, users here or junkyards.

cams from a single cam only fit a single cam. h23 f22a and h22 are totally different cam setups

getting an extra f22 cam is a good idea, the 272 cam regrind is a great all motor mod.

i/h/e, tune, port and polish an h23 intake mani, 272 regrind, and a 75 shot of nitrous is going to be waayyy faster than a stock h22 accord.
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X