Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil light? Cant figure it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil light? Cant figure it out

When i drive for a while the oil light stays solid at idle and blinks when the car is moving. I dont have a leak anywhere? What else could be the problem? I get enough power and everything else but the light will not stop blinking. I drove the car about 200 miles on a trip last weekend and the light never came on but on short stop and go trips it does. I checked the oil and the level is perfect. Please help this is driving me crazy.

I have the excact same problem as you. The answer would be either the malfunctioning oil pressure sensor or the oil pump. But most commonly is the oil pressure sensor. Cheap fix

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by DreCB7
      When i drive for a while the oil light stays solid at idle and blinks when the car is moving. I dont have a leak anywhere? What else could be the problem? I get enough power and everything else but the light will not stop blinking. I drove the car about 200 miles on a trip last weekend and the light never came on but on short stop and go trips it does. I checked the oil and the level is perfect. Please help this is driving me crazy.
      Light has little to do with level its just pressure....

Comment

check your oil presure
        Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
        ..::Built not Bought::..

Comment

Thanks for the info. This thing has been driving me crazy i hope its not the oil pump. If it was wouldnt the car run different? I dont loose power or anything.

Comment

How do i check my oil pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
              I have the excact same problem as you. The answer would be either the malfunctioning oil pressure sensor or the oil pump. But most commonly is the oil pressure sensor. Cheap fix
              Where is the oil pressure sensor located on the engine. Is it hard to get to? Ive been driving it like this for about 1 month did i do any crazy damage to my engine?

Comment

It's right above the oil filter.

If it's just a fualty sensor, it won't cause much damage, if any at all.

If it truly is your oil pump, your engine could be screwed.

An easy way to test if your oil pressure is good is to get a oil pressure gauge and hook it up.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I had this problem happen to me after I changed my oil a few weeks ago. I used 5w-30 in the engine and I think because of 16 years of wear on bearings and such that the oil was too thin for the heat of the summer months. I switched to a heavier weight oil and it solved to problem.
                  http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

just connect a gauge and see if ur getting the right pressure for the right RPM

Comment

If level is fine usually its the oil sending unit. Worst case scenario is oil pump but you will know if thats goin out.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                      X