Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Looking for an F20A with tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an F20A with tranny

It seems I don't have permission to post in the swaps section yet so I guess this is the place for now.

I've called hmotorsonline and they turned me down flat saying that they don't carry the F20A. I found the engine without trans from Makoto on ebay but would really like to get the trans and maybe ecu (I know that's a lot to ask though). So I'd like any advice on sources.

Assuming I find one, I'm planning on boring the cylinders and balancing the crank. Nothing big, just looking to make things clean and round but how far can you go on these engines and where should I look for some relatively inexpensive replacement pistons? Ones made for the H23 should work right?

Thanks everyone, looking forward to this.

F trans works. ECU ask makoto.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Just buy the motor and then buy an H23 tranny. All the parts on the F20a are interchangable with the H23. Most of the internal stuff too. But for sure things like headers and intake mani and tranny are things i know that definently work.

My New Ride
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

I'll ask Makoto about the ecu. About the trans, I know I can use my current or an H23 but I want it for the gearing. It's matched to the engine and a certain driving style.

Comment

Yea i know. I have the F20a right now but the tranny im using is an F22b SOHC tranny. Longer gears. I heard that with the actual tranny that comes with the F20a makes the whole engine different. i wanna try and find that. Good luck.

My New Ride

Comment

werent all F series Iron Sleeve? Also the were two different trannies available 90-91 had a longer final and 92-93 had a higher final I think . It was an JDM Japanese site and I had to freaking Look hard and figure out alot of bs. Basicly its a Wagon manual tranny. Any whoo.

Comment

Flashoptions has em for 1500 dollars shipped. full clip. only thing is i have never had some one be like yeah i got it fomr them. I would seriously get a u haul drive to ohio hand pick the clip have them forklift it to the VAN and drive all the way home. That is IF they do exist. hmmm maybe a H23 vtec would be a better option

Comment

H23 Vtec honestly would be nice. Or you could get the F20a. New pistons do some head and block work and boost it. Probably would be faster then H23 Vtec. But not being able to hear Vtec cross over in your car kinda sucks.

My New Ride

Comment

1500 is way too much seeing as Makoto sells the engine alone for around $380. An ECU and Trans aren't worth $1120 to me anyway. I'd like to know if anyone can say for certain about the iron sleeves. That would be important to know but I don't think it's the case.

Comment

Working...
                  X